Prayers for school and vocation

Hi. I would like to humbly request a simple prayer for me as I discern further what my carrer should be and as well as my vocation.

I just finished my freshmen year in college. I got good grades and worked really hard but it still wasn’t enough to get into the program that I wanted to do. I found this out a few days ago, sometime into summer vacation. Now I am seriously trying to discern whether to try again in a year, go through a different program in the same college or do something else entirely.

I also have been discerning the religious life and have a spiritual director who helps me and told me that God wants me to focus on school about a year ago. But with this recent dilima i can’t help but think about how this will affect my vocation and my future and so on.

I am dearly trying to find the one thing that I am most passionate about to pursue as a carrer but I am so muli-talented and have so many interests that finding just one things is almost impossible. I do plan on doing much self reflecting and such to hopefully find that answer.

The catch here is that I want to do what God Wills for me but I have no idea what that is at the moment and i hope through my and your prayers i might find that answer to that, at least in knowing on what to do next.

God Bless you all greatly,
Kim

Praying!

Hi Kim!! Your trust and confidence in Our Precious Lord is refreshing :thumbsup: I, too, have recently discerned the religious life and am going through the application process and psych eval shortly. I know exactly where you stand…First off, I am 28. I wanted to do God’s Will early in life, but got side-tracked (at least I thought I did at the time) and went to college, always feeling a restlessness and a desire to do MORE for the Church, more for Souls throughout the world.

But unlike some religious sisters, God has not called me to give my “first fruits” to Him and join at an early age. I remember the moment of my calling on the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul and I realized that it’s an invitation that He gives us…not a forced way of life. It made it easier for me to relax and be patient and let His doors open and close naturally and in His time…which is so often MUCH slower than ours.

I would definitely suggest continuing with your studies, which can be so helpful in whatever you do as a Religious, whether you join a more cloistered or a more active life. Don’t panic when doors close, like the program you wanted to get into (which, by the way, is very common for someone so young…my sister had to apply to the physical therapy program THREE times before getting in!!) :eek: Just take one day at a time, praying daily to offer God your day, and praying to make your desires the same as His desires for you…your life is just beginning. You’ve got lots of time to figure it all out :slight_smile: Things will work themselves out when you don’t try to control the timing…you’ll blink and it’ll be 5 years from now. Just enjoy this time with God and remember to stay close to the beautiful Sacraments. God is using this time to form you into a strong, beautiful young woman. It might mean more school, more gen eds, more hours working at a mundane part-time job lol, but this is your Vocation currently. Enjoy your summer! I will offer up my hour of adoration for you today! :gopray:

Love in Christ!

[quote="ThirstyOne, post:3, topic:287390"]
Hi Kim!! Your trust and confidence in Our Precious Lord is refreshing :thumbsup: I, too, have recently discerned the religious life and am going through the application process and psych eval shortly. I know exactly where you stand...First off, I am 28. I wanted to do God's Will early in life, but got side-tracked (at least I thought I did at the time) and went to college, always feeling a restlessness and a desire to do MORE for the Church, more for Souls throughout the world.

But unlike some religious sisters, God has not called me to give my "first fruits" to Him and join at an early age. I remember the moment of my calling on the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul and I realized that it's an invitation that He gives us...not a forced way of life. It made it easier for me to relax and be patient and let His doors open and close naturally and in His time...which is so often MUCH slower than ours.

I would definitely suggest continuing with your studies, which can be so helpful in whatever you do as a Religious, whether you join a more cloistered or a more active life. Don't panic when doors close, like the program you wanted to get into (which, by the way, is very common for someone so young...my sister had to apply to the physical therapy program THREE times before getting in!!) :eek: Just take one day at a time, praying daily to offer God your day, and praying to make your desires the same as His desires for you...your life is just beginning. You've got lots of time to figure it all out :) Things will work themselves out when you don't try to control the timing...you'll blink and it'll be 5 years from now. Just enjoy this time with God and remember to stay close to the beautiful Sacraments. God is using this time to form you into a strong, beautiful young woman. It might mean more school, more gen eds, more hours working at a mundane part-time job lol, but this is your Vocation currently. Enjoy your summer! I will offer up my hour of adoration for you today! :gopray:

Love in Christ!

[/quote]

Thanks so much. It brings some peace to me. I have been feeling so depressed today because of it. This has me feeling better. Thank you so much.

God Bless you many times over!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.