Prayers for school

I’m starting school in a little over a week and was wondering if anyone had any prayers relating to school.
Thanks.

My school prayers are usually directed to St. Thomas Aquinas, paintron of Catholic students and Catholic schools. He always comes through.

Josh

[quote=threej_lc]My school prayers are usually directed to St. Thomas Aquinas, paintron of Catholic students and Catholic schools. He always comes through.

Josh
[/quote]

Thank you I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to St. Thomas Aquinas’ “Prayer before Study”

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p00181.htm

And here’s an oldie but baddie from my school days,

Now I lay me down to rest,
I pray I’ll pass tomorrow’s test.
If I should die before I wake–
There’s one less test I’ll have to take!

:smiley:

And finally, on a spiritual note, here’s my favorite prayer before reading Scripture:

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and kindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray: O God, who did instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of Thy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

try this link

catholicyouth.freeservers.com/school/studyprayer.htm

it’s got tons of stuff, including study tips for catholics!!

Thanks everyone for such nice prayers and websites.

This was a thought by Erasmus in the early 16th century I believe.

Live as if today may be your last day but study like you will live forever.

[quote=ncgolf]This was a thought by Erasmus in the early 16th century I believe.

Live as if today may be your last day but study like you will live forever.
[/quote]

That’s a really terrifc quote. Thanks!

a prayer is said today for your school God bless you:gopray2::signofcross::crossrc::amen::blessyou:

i am praying for your success in school

May our Lord grant you success with your studies. May your guardain angel enlighten, guard, rule and guide you. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.