Prayers for several friends of mine

So I hoped that my first post in here wouldn’t be that long, but it looks like it will be.

Like the title says, I’m asking for prayers for several friends of mine who really need some help. From both down here and from above.

First off I’d like to ask for prayers for my friend Adam. Last year, (his freshman, my sophomore year) he was the coolest kid I knew, and that was before I found out he was a devout Catholic. I mean really devout. More devout than I ever was at the time. Maybe even more devout than I am right now, and I have made some enormous strides in that part of my life. But something happened over the summer that I don’t really know about. He became an atheist. He started drinking and smoking and having sex (he used to be real big on chastity too) and hurting himself. His life has pretty much fallen apart and he has had to suffer through more than his fair share of break-ups and has had his heart broken over and over again. I’m really worried for him, and I don’t want him to stay this way. I’ve been praying for him for months now, and I haven’t noticed any significant change.

Second for my cousin Andrew, who worries me just as much. He comes from a broken home and his parents are divorced. His mom drinks often and she cheated on his dad, and she made it sound like the divorce was his dad’s fault when it was hers. (I’m not trying to list all of his problems here, this is just so you can understand) He has some mental issues and he grew up in a bad part of Baltimore. He doesn’t hang out with the nicest crowd, and because of that, according to him, several of his friends have been killed. To top it all off, he wants to join the Marines. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, as I have wanted to join the Marines for years (I’m not so sure about that now, but that is a different topic) but I don’t think it would be right for him. The last thing he needs is to be taught is how to kill someone with all the anger that he has in his heart towards the world and his parents. I’ve told him that shooting terrorists is not going to make him feel better about his friend’s death. He won’t listen. He says that he wants to do 3-4 combat tours as a front line infantry man. I’ve told him that he doesn’t want to do that. I am a huge fan of military history and I eat this stuff up, but I have heard enough stories of how messed up guys can be if they’re not careful. I really don’t want him to join, and if he does, I want him stuck in some desk job. He also had his heart broken by a girl he met at a Steubenville summer youth conference. Apparently she doesn’t have the highest morals now. I know that my prayers for him on that front have made some progress, and he doesn’t hurt as much because of her now. Now him and I have to start working on her.

My friend Lauren found out a couple months ago that her dad had affairs with several women over the past few years. She has been really hurt by this, and she was supposedly in rehab for bulimia because she wasn’t eating.

I’ve been praying for these guys for a long time now. I’ll pray for each and every one of them until the day I die, but I don’t want to lose them before its too late. I really need some help with this. I can’t do this alone. :frowning:

Thank you guys so, so, so, so, so much. It really means a lot to know that there are countless other people out there praying for my friends.

Thanks again, and know that I will keep praying for all of you every day! :gopray2:

Joining you in prayer for Adam, Andrew, and Lauren.

Praying for you, too!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.Amen.

:blessyou:

I’m praying with you and for you!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To you do we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not our petitions but, in your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Faustina pray for us.

Praying for your three friends …

Praying.

*Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Faustina pray for us.*

Praying for Adam, Andrew and Lauren. May the Lord heal their hearts and give them perseverence in faith, strength, peace, and hope. May they turn to Jesus in the Eucharist and in confession and receive the graces they need to heal and grow strong in faith. May they have a personal encounter with the Lord and center their lives on Him. May they pray a lot and seek to love the Lord with all their hearts and seek to love their neightbor as themselves. Amen.

***Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

St. Faustina pray for us.***

I will pray a Rosary for you and your friends. May God bless you all!

***Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

St. Faustina pray for us.***

First off, sorry for the bump, and second, I wanted to give a little update on Adam.

The school year is almost over for us (:eek:) and people have been going through the usual yearbook signing frenzy. Anyways, I think I have an opportunity for me to tell him how I feel. He wrote in mine that he’s sorry for his behavior (he doesn’t have the cleanest mouth, then again, neither do I) and that he’s had a lot of fun with me. I’m currently writing a letter to him that is going to go in his yearbook, and I have a plan on what to do, but I want some input. What I want to tell him is simply this, more or less:

“I’m not going to try to tell you what you should and should not believe. I’m not trying to change your views on faith or spirituality, I just want you to know this: He loves you. He will always be there for you. Jesus will never let you go, no matter what happens. Don’t think over what Mr. ****** (sophomore Theology teacher) says in class, just know that despite what you might hear, Jesus loves you. He will reveal Himself to you if you keep your mind and heart open. That’s all I wanted to say. I’m not trying to force you, I’m not trying to evangelize you, I’m not trying to do anything of the sort. I just want you to know. Keep rockin’, keep fightin’, and keep living my friend.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.