Prayers for Someone Sad and Dispondent

Please take the time to pray for me. I’m struggling with being sad and losing hope. There are just a few things that have come together that are weighing me down. I haven’t found a job, I’m unsure of what direction to head my life in, I’m generally overwhelmed, and my parents are making a big move for financial reasons that will take them 4k miles from me. I feel like life is spiraling away from me.

I know I have many blessings, for which I am very grateful. This just a hard time for me right now and I feel like I’m drowning. Your kind prayers are very much appreciated.

Praying for you.

Lord, please grant lola many graces for fortitude, joy, courage, and temperance. Send angels to minister to her always in all situations. May your shining light reach her even through the mystery of suffering, and may the Father’s will be done in her life, and may our prayers be mercifully in accord with His will. Our Lady, pray with us. Amen.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Eternal Father, we thank you for the crosses that we bear because we know that each one is an opportunity to grow closer to you. Lord we ask for your help and healing and that you bless our sister Lola with the gifts and fruits of your Holy Spirit and that you shine upon her with your love and peace, endurance and patience, wisdom and discernment, faith and hope and that you grant all the graces necessary to carry her crosses and bring glory to your name.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Amen

Dearest Lola,

May God shine upon you, our Lord Jesus Christ forgive all your sins, the Holy Spirit guide you, all the Saints pray for you and all the Angels protect you.

Stay strong. My prayers are with you. I shall say a prayer for you before I go to bed: I am sure there are many people in the world who have gone through similar things, but I know how such feelings can make one feel alone.

Take care.

Praying…

Prayers said

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Don’t lose hope!! NEVER!!! Set a date before you, let’s say six months from now, and move forward. On THAT day this all will have changed, some of it will have passed altogether. Perhaps you can move with your parents? Stay with them for a short time until you find your feet and get your own place? They love you so much, they are heartbroken to have to leave you behind, this would be a blessing for all of you. AND you never know, this might be God’s way of leading all of you to a new life. I will pray for you.

Thank you for all your prayers and kindness. I will pray on your suggestions and do my best to hold onto hope and listen to God. That you took time to pray for me means so much and your kind words have helped me more than you know. I will keep you in my prayers and thank God for putting such kind people in my life today.

I just said a prayer for you. May you persevere in faith and in a state of grace. God bless you and keep you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.