Prayers for specific intentions

Hello everyone.

I am looking for specific prayers to help me overcom my selfishness. I keep humiliating my wife and desparately want to stop.

Please help me. I love my wife and my children more than I can say, but I seem to keep sabotaging my wife’s capacity for love and grace in our marriage.

I need more help than I can provide on my own.

I say a Rosary early everyday and pray in one form or another multiple times a day.

Please help.

Thanks and God Bless

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like unto thine.

This prayer, the Psalter of Jesus, is a beautiful prayer for humility.

The Universal Prayer, which is also beautiful.

A Prayer for the Virtue of Humility
Lord Jesus, when You walked the earth, Your humility obscured Your Kingship. Your meekness confused the arrogant, Hindering them from grasping Your purpose, Your nobleness attending to the destitutes. Teach me to model after Your eminence, To subject my human nature to humility. Grant me a with a natural inclination To never view myself greater than anyone. Banish all lingering sparks of self-importance That could elevate me greater than You. Let my heart always imitate Your humility!

Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Example of Humility
Dear Saint Anthony, after all these years in the school of Christ, I still haven’t learned the lesson of true humility. My feelings are easily ruffled. Quick to take offense, I am slow to forgive. Saint Anthony, Example of Humility, teach me the importance and necessity of this Christian virtue. In the presence of Jesus, who humbled Himself and whom the Father exalted, remember also these special intentions of mine. [name them]

Prayer to St. Joseph by Pope St. Pius X
Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity.

Also, this may really help you: Try going to confession at least once a week. Examine your conscience with an examination of conscience sheet. If it helps you to feel more saddened by sins, write them out. If you can go to Mass more than once a week, do that also.

Next time you feel tempted to humiliate, bite your tongue. It may take practice, but you can do it.

God bless. :slight_smile:

Praying for you :frowning: I am so sorry, life must be really miserable right now :frowning:

Life is certainly meant to be so confusing and at times, so very hurtful…it is written that our Father GOD made pain a NECESSITY within all our lives…for how else could we become as our FATHER is…if we did not SYMPATHIZE (be forever GOOD, as in all moments and graces, like him) …and in doing so, PERFECT our own souls/spirits? Remember and remind thyself, in all ways, to SYMPATHIZE, in every life situation…Feel sympathy in all your GOODNESS, in example, stay in contact with GOD’s emanation…Pray directly to GOD, found within thyself as a small portion of his spirit essence, he gave us all even onto his creations…shut down all SENSES and go into yourself in the silence…purify yourself too…eat less and avoid the eating of brutish beasts, for a short while…you will find him there…be not lost…if this most basic LAW of GOD’s be broken…you cannot PERFECT your own soul/spirit. We all are here to perfect ourselves…as his laws and examples for perfection, readys us, to either our reabsorbtion back to him, whereby we were first created or not. Be not selfish, my friend…this is not GOODNESS, but goes against him…control thy will.

Thank you,

I appreciate the responses.

I know that her pain is of my doing and I need to find a way to stop acting like a selfish moron. I pray continously, but I still fall miserably short.

I am planning on morning Mass tomorrow, January 4, and confession also.

Thank you for your prayers.

[quote="ljubim, post:3, topic:181796"]
Praying for you :( I am so sorry, life must be really miserable right now :(

[/quote]

I sincerely appreciate the prayers, but please, pray for my wife. She is the one who must suffer for my sins.

Thank you.

Here is a prayer to the Holy Family for you:

St. Joseph, please pray that I can be a model father, like you. Please help me to not be selfish, and give of myself to make sure my wife and kids are taken care of.

Mother Mary, please pray that my wife will be comforted for my sins. Please give her patience and understanding.

Sweet Baby Jesus, please keep my children safe and healthy. Please let them know that I love them, and don't want to hurt them. Jesus, hear my intentions and help me be a good Father.

Amen.

See, simple and to the point. God likes simple.

[quote="DihydrogenOxide, post:2, topic:181796"]
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like unto thine.

This prayer, the Psalter of Jesus, is a beautiful prayer for humility.

The Universal Prayer, which is also beautiful.

A Prayer for the Virtue of Humility
Lord Jesus, when You walked the earth, Your humility obscured Your Kingship. Your meekness confused the arrogant, Hindering them from grasping Your purpose, Your nobleness attending to the destitutes. Teach me to model after Your eminence, To subject my human nature to humility. Grant me a with a natural inclination To never view myself greater than anyone. Banish all lingering sparks of self-importance That could elevate me greater than You. Let my heart always imitate Your humility!

Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Example of Humility
Dear Saint Anthony, after all these years in the school of Christ, I still haven't learned the lesson of true humility. My feelings are easily ruffled. Quick to take offense, I am slow to forgive. Saint Anthony, Example of Humility, teach me the importance and necessity of this Christian virtue. In the presence of Jesus, who humbled Himself and whom the Father exalted, remember also these special intentions of mine. [name them]

Prayer to St. Joseph by Pope St. Pius X
Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity.

Also, this may really help you: Try going to confession at least once a week. Examine your conscience with an examination of conscience sheet. If it helps you to feel more saddened by sins, write them out. If you can go to Mass more than once a week, do that also.

Next time you feel tempted to humiliate, bite your tongue. It may take practice, but you can do it.

God bless. :)

[/quote]

WOW!

Those ar very beautful. I have already copied and saved them for daily use!

Thank you!

Thank you. I am trying, but I can not do it on my own.

Have you tried counceling? A few sessions might help you sort things out and help you figure out why and when you say the things you do and give you some insight on how to stop.

I am in personal counseling and we are in marriage counseling.

I seem to make progress then self destruct.

I know that the pressure on my wife must be unbearable. Please pray for her.

Is the counselling with a priest or professional counsellor? I think counselling with priest is better.

[quote="lainus, post:12, topic:181796"]
Is the counselling with a priest or professional counsellor? I think counselling with priest is better.

[/quote]

Both. I have also started to attend Mass in the mornings.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.