Prayers for St. Hildegard for artist and musicians to successfully master principles of artistic and musical composition

Hi,

I have a lot of friends and family who are artists, musicians, poets, writers, etc. I also have done some artistic, and poetical work. I have learned that St. Hildegard of Bingen was recently canonized a Saint of the Church by our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildegard_of_Bingen#Beatification_and_canonization

Can you pray asking for St. Hildegard’s intercession that my friends, family, liturgical and religious artists, myself and all others successfully are able to master the principles of artistic and musical composition that they set out to master, and that they apply these skills and principles to creating beautiful artwork that glorifies and leads people to God, especially in the Eucharist and the Mass. Especially pray for all artists and musical composers who are responsible for creating Church music, artwork, liturgical texts and prayers, etc. They are the most important artists we have and let us constantly ask for the newly canonized St. Hildegard to pray for them. I also encourage listening to and performing her liturgical and other sacred music.

Thank you for a single drop of prayer in favor of our artists and musicians.

God bless you souls,
Joshua

St. Hildegard, pray for them… AMEN.

Dearest St. Hildegard, let thy gracious prayer be for this: that in all things, we serve God in bringing souls, including our own, to Him, and delightfully so. Let righteousness enfold hearts moving in and moved by the arts. Let thanks be our joyous cry, our victory shout, our honoring trumpet blast, with gratitude that our Creator gave us the sensibility to know and love HIm; that He let us love as He loves, forgive as He forgives; and leads us to be as perfect in purity as He is. Actualize all our divinely-granted potential, St. Hildegard, for the chief end of uniting as the flock of our Good Shepherd, wisely using every gift He has given us. Thanks. AMEN

[quote="nordskoven, post:3, topic:285004"]
Dearest St. Hildegard, let thy gracious prayer be for this: that in all things, we serve God in bringing souls, including our own, to Him, and delightfully so. Let righteousness enfold hearts moving in and moved by the arts. Let thanks be our joyous cry, our victory shout, our honoring trumpet blast, with gratitude that our Creator gave us the sensibility to know and love HIm; that He let us love as He loves, forgive as He forgives; and leads us to be as perfect in purity as He is. Actualize all our divinely-granted potential, St. Hildegard, for the chief end of uniting as the flock of our Good Shepherd, wisely using every gift He has given us. Thanks. AMEN

[/quote]

Amen.

Dear Joshua,

St. Hildegard was a favorite of mine when I was in college. I find her music to be truly magnificent. May her music inspire you and other artists to create great works of art, works that reflect God's beauty, order, and majesty. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.