Prayers for Steven

I know some of you may remember the saga of the father of my 2 year old Godchild. He’s an 18 year old troubled boy who was hospitalized for being suicidal last year, and only a couple months ago called me up again suicidal. He comes from a broken and troubled family. The mother of his child is getting married this coming September, which is also a huge heart ache for him.

Well he has joined the Marines. He passed the drug test, and the written test and has his physical tomorrow. He also finds out tomorrow when he’ll be leaving. Please pray for him. I’m really concerned about his mental health under the stress of basic training. I pray with all my heart that he can make it in the military because I think it will be wonderful at giving him direction, discipline and purpose, as well as self worth. Why he picked one of the most challenging branches of the military I do not know, but if he can’t adjust to military life it will be another failure in his life and I’m afraid he’ll be even worse off than before.

So please if you could pray that God is with him during what is going to be a physically and mentally challenging 13 weeks of basic training I would very much appreciate it.

Prayers for your Steven. We have a son named Steven, so we definitely have someone with the same name that we love so much. May St.Dympha, patron of those who are struggling with mental disease walk with him as St. Michael the Archangel, the patron of our soldiers. May God bless you as well.

Prayer to Saint Dymphna

I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore Steven’s lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to his heart and reassure him: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid."
Pray for him, dear St. Dymphna, that his nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that he may again know serenity and personal peace.

Amen.

Rayne, yes, I remember. And I will pray for Steven. Please God, somehow the Marines will provide what he needs, but may God keep him safe in mind, body, and soul, as he goes through his training and lives this demanding life.
Dear God, please suround Steven always with Your light and love.

Please protect his child from all harm, and give him a place in his child’s life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

This might well be the best thing for him. The military sure seemed to help my brother when it came to things like direction.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.