Prayers for strength

Hi everyone,

Well, Lent is coming up in a matter of days. I have some problems that have been getting in the way of my faith. Just, really stupid things that I want to give up so much, but I keep falling into temptation. I really want to dump all of the “junk” and live my life for Jesus. I want to be with Him. But, I fall short. Could you please pray that the Good Lord will give me strength so that can live my life as one of His children and turn away from sins?

Thank you so much

-Jeanne

You are in my prayer

I ask the Lord to help you with this life process,
the process of day by day praying and working to overcome temptations and to seek to live in kindness and generosity to others in tiny and large ways.

May the Lord grant you daily grace to live as Jesus taught in His gospel of love.

Me, too! I’ll pray for you, and I hope you’ll do the same. God bless us and keep us. Amen

Loving God,

Our sister Jeanne has asked for our prayers as she hears your call but finds herself falling short of the mark in her daily life. Lord, we know that all are sinners and all fall short of the mark, and we ask you to ensure that Jeanne feels the strength of your unconditional love and the mercy you feel for your people. Lord, your son is the Good Shepherd who will leave 99 sheep to gather in the one who has strayed (Luke: Chapter 15) so that all may live with you. You are the land owner who invites each of us to labor in your vineyard and regardless of when we start work you grant each one the same loving reward (Matthew: Chapter 20). Lord, your Son Jesus is the one who can calm the storms and the waves when your people feel in peril on the water, just as He can calm the anxieties and worrys in our lives and help our faith (Mark: Chapter 4). Lord Jesus, you are the true vine and we are the branches, please help our sister to know that you and your Father continue to prune her branch so it will bear fruit. Dear God, we ask that you strengthen our sister Jeanne, help her to understand and accept the gifts you have prepared for her, give her the understanding and will power to follow your plan for her life, and grant her the peace and joy of knowing your great love and compassion for her.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

I am praying for you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I’m praying for you too

God Bless you in your time of struggle Jeanne…

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I hope what I am about to add is of some help. I know, I know we are not to give advice… But I beleive God lines things up for a reason…

JUST LAST NIGHT I was reading a chapter of the book A Purpose Driven Life. Chapter 27 talked about how to avoid temptation. One salient point was that actually thinking about not doing X was actually more likely to make you give in to it. Why? Because wether you ARE thinking about doing X or trying to NOT think about doing X, ultimately you are still thinking about it one way or the other.

The book’s point on this was to redirect your mind to something else more positive. I know that can be hard, but once you build a habit, it will stick.

I just went to check. It was Chapter 27. The copy I have I got from my local library. Since it’s Saturday why don’t you check out your library and see if they have thier own copy?

We have that book at my house. I think I’ll go and check it out

You have my prayers

Praying very hard for your intention!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.