Prayers for struggling college students

Please pray for my son who is a freshman and experiencing the pain of “figuring it all out” with getting behind and trying to catch up and grades not what they should be. Please pray for his upcoming tests and papers that he needs help with to get through this semester successfully. He is at a small Catholic college that I truly believe he was led to attend and I truly pray he will open his heart and mind to all that is offered. I pray he will be filled with the Holy Spirit and feel the presence of our Lord in all he does.

Please pray for all college students who are finding themselves in this same situation of not doing well when they are smart, ambitious and capable but find themselves struggling and not making the decisions that they should be.

1 Like

Praying to the Holy Ghost and St Thomas Aquinas for wisdom for your son.

I had a relatively easy time in college for the most part, especially my freshman year (my high school was kind of difficult and prepared me well for higher education), but I empathize with your son because I’m currently a first year graduate student going through all the same things (self doubt, hard classes, lots of papers, concerns about grades and the future). There’s a lot of pressure (from peers, professors, parents, and society in general) on kids in their late teens and early twenties in an increasingly competitive college environment to get certain grades, to have their whole life planned out, etc. At the end of the day the best we can do is trust that the Lord will guide us where we need to be.

I am praying for your intentions.

(As an aside. Many smart people need to fall on their face once in their life. They need to discover that the world can be a harsh place, and that life isn’t fair in the way they expect it to be. I hope your son does not have to learn this the hard way.)

Offering prayers… Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us.

For your son:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

Praying for all college students.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph for the Unemployed

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular momofthreecmm’s Son and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Welcome!
St. John Bosco, St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Dominic, pray for us. Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.

A STUDENT’S PRAYER

Loving Father,
I stand before You in the midst of confusion and complexities of life.
My future sometimes seems distant and unknown.
Give me, O Lord, the vision to see the path You set before me.
Grant me the courage to follow Your way,
that through the gifts and talents You have given me,
I may bring Your life and Your love to others.
I ask this through Jesus, Your Son and my Brother.

Amen.

Praying…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph for the Unemployed

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular momofthreecmm’s Son and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

I am praying for your intentions through the intercession of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

:gopray:

praying for all college students as they finish their semester.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.