Prayers for the mentally ill

Dear God in Heaven, once more I am engulfed in this pit that I do not know how to escape. From its depths I look up to You, but so deep am I, that the sky seems black and empty, and You seem so far away!

Father, my mind is troubled. It will not rest, even though I ask it to. Fear seeps into my brain and will not release me. I struggle to find joyful hope, which is the cure for anxieties and the way You wish us to live.

From the depths of my sorrow, I do not know how to praise You, yet in all things, good and bad, we must sing of Your glory.

Thank You for the gifts of this day - that I have lived to see things set right; that I have the bounty You have surrounded me with.

Thank You for the pain - that I find myself turning to You in all adversity; that I use this illness to redirect myself toward You.

Thank You for remaining with me - for even when I do not feel You near, I know that You are ever-present, and that You have not abandoned me, and never will.

Amen.

Saint John of the Cross, in the darkness of your worst moments, when you were alone and persecuted, you found God. Help me to have faith that God is there especially in the times when God seems absent and far away. Amen

Praying hard to St. Dymphna.

Saint Anthony, Performer of Miracles
Dear St. Anthony, your prayers obtained miracles during your lifetime. You still seem to move at ease in the realm of minor and major miracles. St. Anthony, Performer of Miracles, please obtain for me the blessings God holds in reserve who serve Him. Pray that I may be worthy of the promises my Lord Jesus attaches to confident prayer. (Please help tabsie that she may be healed)

Praying …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear St. Dymphna, you gave us an example in your own life of firm faith. Neither flattery, earthly rewards nor the threat of death caused you to waver in your fidelity to God. Please help us then, amid the uncertainties of life, to imitate your wholehearted dedication to Christ. Be good enough to come to our aid in our need, and pray for us to God. Amen.

Dear Lord, your kindness exceeds all human understanding! Your Love and Mercy are wider than any ocean, and overcome me in my times of trouble. You provide for your children in all troubles, and help lead us to greater understanding. You are the most holy, most beautiful, most wonderful! When sorrow lifts and the dark night of the soul gives way to the breathtaking dawn, there You are! And my heart is joyful again, for You have kept Your word that You would remain with us always!

Dear Lord, please bless my brothers and sisters on this message board who, in their kindness and their love of their neighbors as themsleves for the love of you, have offered their prayers on my behalf. Their kindness and good will has helped me through this turbulant time. In their love for me, I see You, my Lord, and through their prayers, Christ the Great Physician has helped me. I love You, oh Lord, and I love them for the love of you! Amen!

Bless all of you!

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.