Prayers for the SW Ohio area needed

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. There’s a widespread power outage and I’m on the library’s computer.

Duke Energy says restoration for “about 600,000” residents could be “between one day and one week.”

Mom’s eldery and she sometimes needs oxygen. I hope she doesn’t need to go to the hospital.

Please pray for us and for everyone affected by this. :slight_smile:

Please also include Northeast Ohio … the First Energy website has a press release saying that as of 10:00 a.m. today, half a million customers remain without power. I drove by plenty of downed trees and debris, streets closed off by the police, and a downed power line today. They estimate that electricity will be up and running within several days.

Joining you in prayer,

~~ the phoenix

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

Ike has affected our whole family, pretty strange for a family that requireds a 4200 mile round trip to visit everyone. we got the tail end of the rain and wind, and of course all our friends and colleagues in Houston, but the same system has flooded homes of sister, BIL and other relatives in Illinois and NW Indiana, shed destructive rain on my siblings in Michigan. and winds from the same storm have knocked out power to DD, her employer, and several other relatives and friends in Ohio. Still out of touch with many in the Houston area, but some good news coming in. keep on praying, esp. for elderly relatives stranded by storm activity, they are okay where they live, but out of touch for now.

from wind and flood, Lord deliver us.

George, I will be praying for you and all involved in the power outage. I will also keep everyone else experiencing power outages due to the wind storm in my prayers.

Thanks all. :slight_smile:

Power’s back here. However, according to Duke Energy, this is what the situation is:

duke-energy.com/ohio/outages/current.asp

Praying. I lived in SW Ohio for 33 years and loved it. May God bless all living there and keep them safe and with electricity.

Father please help all who are affected by this power outage, especially those whose life or livelihood is affected. Please especially help and bless George’s mother.

God bless you, George.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Mom’s alright. We’ve got power, but there are areas without it and some stores (including my workplace) are closed.

There are some MASSIVE trees uprooted. The base of one was 15-20 feet in diameter. Roots and all were just ripped out of the ground. :bigyikes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.