Hi everyone. I went to the docs yesterday and complained about all the pains I’ve had over the weekend with this baby, all the contractions I’ve had, losing what I thought could be the mucus plug last thursday, etc. I anticipated her to take out the cervical stitch so I could just give birth soon and be done with it.
Then I got to thinking after she examined me. Yes I am ready to pop, but I’m only 36 weeks. If I could wait until friday or saturday to have this baby, the doc and I would feel better.
Upon the examination she found I was 50% effaced, 1cm dilated and she could feel the baby’s head.
I’m not bleeding or leaking any fluids so she didn’t have a problem leaving the stitch in, but if I wanted she would take it out.
Because my parents have to go to the cancer hospital today for my dad for tests and counsultation, they’d be gone most of the day. My husband also had to go this morning for tests to find out why his body is making kidney stones then he has to go straight to work. I’ll be alone all day with my 19 month old and 3 year old. Doc told me no lifting, stay off my feet, call if there are any contractions even if they are consistant at a half hour apart. I could come back and she’ll take the stitch out.
Once the stitch is out it will be a matter of time, within a day or so I expect for me to deliver. My cervix was like with with my second daughter but I was also bleeding when I had it taken out with her.
Please pray that there are no complications with the delivery and that I don’t labor against the stitch. I would like to wait until the baby reaches 37 weeks or as close to it as possible.
I’ll visit every now and then on the boards as long as I’m able to sit at the computer. I’ll update everyone once the miracle comes!
God bless and thank you for your prayers.