Prayers needed badly...

My husband left me 7 weeks ago today. We’ve been together for 10 years and are raising 3 children. I think he had some sort of break because he quit his job (got a new VERY low paying job), bought a 2010 Harley Davidson, maxed out his credit cards, etc. I filed for divorce last week because I had to let him know his actions weren’t appropriate - this was advice given by my counselor. We have court Monday for temp child support/custody. I regret filing. He has been completely shutting down from ANY communication for months now. There is absolutely NO communicating with him at ALL! I’ve talked to him in every way possible and he literally walks out. I know he is depressed, I think he has a psychological illness.

I am LOST without him. I’ve begged him back, he won’t come. We went to marriage counseling, he walked out of the 2nd session (that was his last). I’ve asked him if it’s another woman, he says no. I am not sure what to believe but I do know this man isn’t my husband.

I’ve been praying to God constantly. Asking that He take control over what I have no control over. That He take my marriage and do with it what he feels is right.

I am asking that all of you PLEASE pray for us and our family. I desperately need to see a ray of hope VERY soon! :frowning:

May God help you and your family in this time of trial and suffering. I will say a prayer for you today.

I am praying hard for you and your family.

I don’t have any advice on how to handle the legal and/or medical aspects of this, but maybe somebody else will come along with some good ideas.

I will pray for your husband’s safety and that he seek psychological help. I will also pray for your safety as well as your children’s safety.

A PRAYER TO
SAINT ANTHONY
Dear St. Anthony,
it is still as Peter said:
The devil prowls about lion-like,
looking for someone to devour.
I confess that I don’t always resist him;
I sometimes toy with temptations.
St. Anthony, Disperser of Devils,
remind me of my duty to avoid all occasions of sin.
May I always pray in temptation
that I remain loyal to my Lord Jesus.
Pray for my other intentions please.

(Mention your other intentions here…)

THE PRAYER
SAINT ANNE, BLESS MY FAMILY
My family is the heart of my life.
It is my little Church.
Saint Anne, guard the members of my family
against all physical and spiritual danger.

You lived in the presence of your husband Joachim
and your little daughter Mary.
Later, you welcomed your son-in-law, Saint Joseph,
and above all your beloved Grandson Jesus, our Saviour.

May your family inspire our families.
May we remain united in a deep mutual love.
If my family is broken by separation or divorce,
remain for us the Saint of tenderness and lead us to God.

Saint Anne, you were a spouse, a mother, and a grandmother;
bless all the members of my family.
Keep us faithful to the Lord.

May we remain attentive to the needs of other families.
Protect all families.

Amen.

Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is With Thee, Blessed Art Thou Amongst Women and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I am so sorry to hear of your pain…this must be so hard on you. You were right in asking for our prayers here as most of the battles in life are fought on our knees. God loves you and your family and only wants your best. We will definately pray for you.

Lord we ask for restoration of the marraige, healing in hearts, minds and souls. Bring Light on the needs of each. Help them forgive where forgiveness is needed and be free to love as You would have them love. May Your mercy flow into this family, in the precious name of our Lord Jesus we pray, amen.

mlz:highprayer::crossrc:

90% of the time there is a younger woman in the picture - with the description you have provided. I say younger due to Harley’s which are expensive, etc.
Make certain that you do not have joint credit cards or any other type of joint accounts.
Do everything in Court to get as much support for yourself and your children as possible.
Pray like you’ve never prayed before.
“THY will be done.” Give your love to Jesus and the children. Jesus loves you.

I will keep you and your family–particularly your husband–in my prayers. From a financial aspect, it was probably smart to file for divorce so your finances will be separate. Otherwise his debt could be something you both share. I defer to the experts (lawyers) on that front but please know you are in my prayers/

I hope your husband has a change of heart.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Adding a Divine Mercy for you and your family. May the Angel of Peace watch over you !

Chaplet of Divine Mercy
*You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a
fount of mercy for us, I trust in you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdomcome; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your
dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in attonement for our sins
and those of the whole world.( X 5 )

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. ( X 50 )

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy immortal One,
have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One,

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the tresury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy Itself.
Amen.

St. Faustina, pray for us.

I am saying a prayer for your situation …

Chaplet of Divine Mercy

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

Our Father, Who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdomcome; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. ( X 50 )

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the tresury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy Itself.
Amen.

May the Angel of Peace watch over you !
Mary Most Holy, Intercede for us…

Amen,
mlz

*** Chaplet of Divine Mercy ***
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

Amen.

May He who loves and guides us all
and listens when we pray
be close to you in your time of sadness.

Amen.

***Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Amen.

Amen.

Continuing to pray for you…

Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Amen.

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Charles de Foucauld

*Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.