Prayers needed for dead uncle & family please

Please keep my uncle, Patrick Joseph O’Connell Meskel, in your prayers as well as the rest of the family. He was found a week ago with a gunshot wound to the chest. There are too many irregularities to make it a suicide (missing shell casing, the gun placed on the end table after he was shot, the trajectory of the bullet not matching his placement, etc.). At first we thought it was a suicide, but it looks like it is not and until the forensic medical examiner rules definitively, we are left in a sorry state of limbo. Naturally the family has already began to turn on itself (which is relatively normal) but there is much that could be done, and not done, that would make the whole situation a lot better. Please keep us in you prayers.

I didn’t see a prayer section, so I placed it here… sorry if that was in error.

Your unworthy brother in Christ and by the Grace of God a Maronite priest,
Donnchadh

----- just found the palce in spirituality… sorry… please feel free to move it and edit this part out… thanks----

A Hail Mary just said

Will keep Patrick and you and your family in further prayers

dcmac you are in our prayers. Please take care of yourself and your family to the best of your ability and stay close to God during this trial. Your uncle will be in our prayers as well. From what you have shared of your family history this is going to be an extremely trying time for all of you and you will all need God’s graces sorely. God bless you and keep you and His peace be in your heart.

He is in my prayers. May God give your family peace and justice, and give your uncle eternal rest in His kingdom.

Went through a suicide situation in my family. (If that is what it turns out to be.) This is such a painful situation. It takes a long time for the big lump in your stomach to go away. Have prayed as you asked. Thank you for what you do in the lord.

thank you everyone. prayers are the single greatest weapon in this battle of life that i know. and words of kindness go a long way towards healing. thank you.

A Hail Mary and Our Father just said. I’l keep his soul in my prayers, and will also pray for the family.

John

:gopray2:

For your uncle…

O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the soul of Thy departed servant Patrick the full remission of all his sins, that through our pious supplications he may obtain that pardon which he has always desired, Thou who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

V. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon him.
V. May thy divine assistance remain always with us.
R. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen.

For you and your family…

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine upon him
May he rest in peace
Amen.

Lord, I also pray for the family he left behind. Ease their suffering and their sorow in the midst of their loss and grief. Give them the strength to go on and the confidence that their loved one is with You in paradise. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.