Ourhouse has been on the market for almost 2 months and while that may not be long for some it is really scary for us.
We were able to find a place far away but new construction that made sense for us. The farther west from the city, the less expensive homes are. It’s a small town home but since things will be under warranty and the appliances are new it is the best choice for us. My husband will be retiring soon and we won’t have a lot of money to put into a home that may need fixed furnace or a new refrigerator. Also since my husband is 71 not having to do snow blowing and yard work is one of the deciding factors.
The scary part is we close on that house July 25th. Our current home is very nice, very large, has a beautiful yard and patio. But because we don’t have a lot of money we aren’t able to paint, replace carpeting, put in new appliances, etc. The biggest offender though is it needs new windows. The thermal pane window seal has broken and allowed dirt to get into the windows. We got an estimate to repair the windows for $9,000. We even had them do the window in the dining room as a sample to show buyers what their work looks like.
Less than two weeks after we first listed we had two buyers at the same time. We accepted the higher offer but they looked at the taxes and said no thank you. It took them about four days to make that decision. The other party was very interested and kept asking our realtor if we accepted the other buyers offer. So they then came in at even a higher amount than the first buyer. We had an inspection and the inspector said there’s no life left in the windows and it would cost $60,000 to repair. I don’t know if there was no communication between their realtor and our realtor and the inspector but they walked away two and a half weeks later.
Schools now out and families are on vacation. We have had open houses every weekend and people either say it’s too big or it needs too much work. We haven’t had more than one showing in 2 weeks. We have lowered the price 10K and we’re considering another 15K in the next few days.
So yes I did go out and buy a statue a very lovely one of St Joseph. I buried him in the yard upside down and then I just couldn’t bear to say the prayer that was included in the so-called kit. About him being in a difficult position and I’m not going to take him out until he sells my home. Even saying a novena and having him buried in the yard in the dirt just made me feel uncomfortable so within 5 minutes he was dug up again and put inside my house with a candle that next to him. I’ve been saying prayers to St Joseph to St Rita and St Anthony.
Every time I pray I cry and I can’t sleep at night and I am physically a mess. Because it’s getting down to the point where if we do not sell this house and get it off for the next couple of days we won’t be able to have the money to get into our new place.
Any prayers or ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.