Prayers Needed for Home Sale

Ourhouse has been on the market for almost 2 months and while that may not be long for some it is really scary for us.

We were able to find a place far away but new construction that made sense for us. The farther west from the city, the less expensive homes are. It’s a small town home but since things will be under warranty and the appliances are new it is the best choice for us. My husband will be retiring soon and we won’t have a lot of money to put into a home that may need fixed furnace or a new refrigerator. Also since my husband is 71 not having to do snow blowing and yard work is one of the deciding factors.

The scary part is we close on that house July 25th. Our current home is very nice, very large, has a beautiful yard and patio. But because we don’t have a lot of money we aren’t able to paint, replace carpeting, put in new appliances, etc. The biggest offender though is it needs new windows. The thermal pane window seal has broken and allowed dirt to get into the windows. We got an estimate to repair the windows for $9,000. We even had them do the window in the dining room as a sample to show buyers what their work looks like.

Less than two weeks after we first listed we had two buyers at the same time. We accepted the higher offer but they looked at the taxes and said no thank you. It took them about four days to make that decision. The other party was very interested and kept asking our realtor if we accepted the other buyers offer. So they then came in at even a higher amount than the first buyer. We had an inspection and the inspector said there’s no life left in the windows and it would cost $60,000 to repair. I don’t know if there was no communication between their realtor and our realtor and the inspector but they walked away two and a half weeks later.

Schools now out and families are on vacation. We have had open houses every weekend and people either say it’s too big or it needs too much work. We haven’t had more than one showing in 2 weeks. We have lowered the price 10K and we’re considering another 15K in the next few days.

So yes I did go out and buy a statue a very lovely one of St Joseph. I buried him in the yard upside down and then I just couldn’t bear to say the prayer that was included in the so-called kit. About him being in a difficult position and I’m not going to take him out until he sells my home. Even saying a novena and having him buried in the yard in the dirt just made me feel uncomfortable so within 5 minutes he was dug up again and put inside my house with a candle that next to him. I’ve been saying prayers to St Joseph to St Rita and St Anthony.

Every time I pray I cry and I can’t sleep at night and I am physically a mess. Because it’s getting down to the point where if we do not sell this house and get it off for the next couple of days we won’t be able to have the money to get into our new place.

Any prayers or ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen.

Loving God please send Your Angels to find the right buyer, and to watch over successful house negotiations within the necessary time

And please bless your dear child with peace of mind and recovery.
Bless this family with peace and security

Please, go out to your yard and dig up the statue right now. Clean it off really well. Put St. Joseph in a prominent place that honors him, and say the prayers. Every day.That burying stuff is superstitious.

I will add you to my prayer list and pray that you will be able to sleep in peace and sell your house very soon!

:house_with_garden:

Irishmom2, yes it did feel very superstitious to me. So I did dig him up within 5 minutes of burying the statue. And I put them in my kitchen and lit a candle next to him. Thank you for adding me to your prayer list

I told my Greek Orthodox friend to use the statue that way and she said the prayers every day. Although her home was a very high priced 100+ year old home, in a high unemployment town, the home sold pretty quickly. She credited the prayers. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m praying for you and your husband. May the Lord grant you a buyer that’s willing to put in some work. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Blessed Saint Joseph,

holy guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by your prayers in all necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the pillow of the sick and the dying, so that with Mary and with you, Heaven may find our family unbroken in the sacred Heart of Jesus.

Amen.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Prayers for you and your husband.

I think St. Joseph will help you regardless of how you handle his statue, if you are sincere. The house I am typing this from was sold to me by a Jewish lady who had buried St. Joseph in the yard…and he led me to buy the house after I previously tried to buy one and had the deal fall through and the owners of this house had an offer which fell through. On top of that I was in England when I discovered this house back in USA and they had a second offer on it so it was truly a miracle it all came together. The lady was late to the closing because she had to stop and get St. Joseph out of the yard, that’s how I know she did it :slight_smile:
She did leave me her mezuzah on the door frame.

Anyway…
Dear Jesus, please help these folks complete their house sale as soon as possible and make everybody happy with the deal. In Jesus’ Name I humbly pray.

Holy Mary and St. Joseph (especially), please pray for this intention. St. Joseph, I ask your special help to pray for this intention just like you would pray for yourself in this same situation. Thank you. Amen.

Adding this to my 3d rosary intentions today. God bless.

Thank you for your prayers and story. We had a showing today. I hope all of these prayers are answered soon.

Sending my prayers for you and yours. I hope you find some comfort in your new home but I also hope that He will bless you with a buyer who is willing to take your old home off your hands.

You are in my thoughts.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts so much! We had a Showing today and we have another one scheduled for tomorrow plus an open house so hopefully this week and will be the one.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.