Prayers needed for lost kitty

Hello, all,

My beloved kitty cat, Frankie, has been missing for seven days now. I am saying a novena to St Anthony on his behalf and am requesting prayers from all of you at CA for Frankie and me. I am broken-hearted, as Frankie is very, very important to me. His brother Rufie is here with me, but other than them the only living family member I have left is my grown son Lars. Frankie has shown me unconditional love for almost five years now and has given me much comfort when I have been distraught, due to being unemployed longterm and a relationship ending. I have looked everywhere for Frankie and haven’t yet found him. Please pray for his safe return. Thank you so much for your kindness and time.

Geraldine

[quote=NightRider]Hello, all,

My beloved kitty cat, Frankie, has been missing for seven days now. I am saying a novena to St Anthony on his behalf and am requesting prayers from all of you at CA for Frankie and me. I am broken-hearted, as Frankie is very, very important to me. His brother Rufie is here with me, but other than them the only living family member I have left is my grown son Lars. Frankie has shown me unconditional love for almost five years now and has given me much comfort when I have been distraught, due to being unemployed longterm and a relationship ending. I have looked everywhere for Frankie and haven’t yet found him. Please pray for his safe return. Thank you so much for your kindness and time.

Geraldine
[/quote]

I will certainly pray…have you checked the local animal shelter?

Hi NR,

Sometimes in the winter cats will wander…don’t lose heart…I will join in your prayers for his safe return.

Annunciata,

Thank you so much for joining me in prayers for Frankie, dear friend! May God bless you abundantly!

Geraldine

[quote=aimee]I will certainly pray…have you checked the local animal shelter?
[/quote]

Thank you, dear aimee. Yes, I have checked the local animal shelter twice now. I live on a rural highway but my Frankie never would venture anywhere near it–he is afraid of cars and very skittish around people, especially. I have scoured the area, showing his photo to all my neighbors and have looked in all the drainage ditches beside the road just in case he was hit by a car. No sign of him anywhere. There is one house between mine and some woods where coyotes are–but the house near the forest has two dogs who live outdoors so we never see the coyotes. Hopefully he is just wandering a little for awhile, as Annunciata and some other friends have suggested to me. I miss him so much! Thank you for praying for us, dear!

As a cat lover myself, I know how heart breaking it is to lose a kitty. We lost one of our kitties recently for only a short while. I was ready to stay up all night looking for him. I will pray for the safe return of your cat.

I would have to understand by your post that Frankie is strictly an indoor cat?

I know when my cat did find a way to get out…at least 3 times in 16 1/2 years. The car when not familiar with the surroundings WILL stay somewhat close to you home, BUT will hid under a bush or any other low to the ground place, because the cat is actually SCARED.

Each time my cat did get out, it was the summer time and I would take clothing that had my scent on it and leave it outside in dront of the door. May cat caought the scent anc went toward it.

One morning I couldn’t sleep I went to my front door and found my cat sitting ont he doorstep wanting to come in. I called her in, but she did not come in. It took me some coaxing to get her in.

As for the winter time, I do not know if you tried my suggestion of the body scnet on the clothes would work or not.

Prayers will be going out for you and Frankie.

[quote=krazykatlady]As a cat lover myself, I know how heart breaking it is to lose a kitty. We lost one of our kitties recently for only a short while. I was ready to stay up all night looking for him. I will pray for the safe return of your cat.
[/quote]

Thank you so much, krazykatlady. I can tell you love kitties, too, by your name! Cat people are the greatest! :thumbsup: thank you for your prayers, too.

[quote=Edwin1961]I would have to understand by your post that Frankie is strictly an indoor cat?

I know when my cat did find a way to get out…at least 3 times in 16 1/2 years. The car when not familiar with the surroundings WILL stay somewhat close to you home, BUT will hid under a bush or any other low to the ground place, because the cat is actually SCARED.

Each time my cat did get out, it was the summer time and I would take clothing that had my scent on it and leave it outside in dront of the door. May cat caought the scent anc went toward it.

One morning I couldn’t sleep I went to my front door and found my cat sitting ont he doorstep wanting to come in. I called her in, but she did not come in. It took me some coaxing to get her in.

As for the winter time, I do not know if you tried my suggestion of the body scnet on the clothes would work or not.

[/quote]

Hey Edwin…I never thought of your suggestion before…very good! :thumbsup:
Its something I am going to remember in case I need it. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs.

[quote=Edwin1961]I would have to understand by your post that Frankie is strictly an indoor cat?

[/quote]

Thank you, Edwin1961. Frankie is both an indoor and an outdoor cat, but predominantly an indoor one. He has always preferred to stay close to home but very well may be frightened under a bush or something somewhere nearby. This has been suggested to me yesterday by another friend of mine on the phone. I think your idea to place a piece of my clothing with my scent on it out by my front door is a really good idea and I’m going to try that straightaway. It hasn’t been too cold here today and lately so the scent might carry just fine. Thank you so much for this idea and for your prayers! Many blessings to you, friend!

Let us know when Frankie returns?

[quote=Edwin1961]Let us know when Frankie returns?
[/quote]

Oh yes, I most certainly will, Edwin1961! Thank you so much for ideas and prayers. May God bless you and yours! :blessyou:

I took up Edwin1961’s suggestion and put a piece of my worn clothing out by my front door so my scent may be carried to Frankie if he is nearby. I pray this helps!

NR,

I will say a prayer for kitty. Just fyi, my kitty Oreo was gone for 2 weeks a couple of years ago in the coldest part of the year. I drove all around looking for him, I thought he must have been dead. He showed up a few days later warm and fine. I have another cat who was gone for a week and I thought he was gone too, but now I see that he, unlike the others, only comes home every 2-3 days and that is how he likes it. The others come home every night. I hope this helps… and one more thing, I feed many of the neighbors cats that come to the door so kitty is probably getting food from people in the neighborhood too. I have found that they are very resourceful…even when they are very young. Good luck to you and leave a little bit of food on youir porch…kitty may have already stopped by and you did not know it. :yup:

Laurel

Geraldine,

I know how you feel. My last kitten, Munchkin was catnapped :crying: It happened on a Sunday. I had a problem with the electricity that morning, and my husband was away for the weekend. I had a friend come over and see if he could help me solve the problem. By the time he arrived my kitty had disappeared, leaving a grieving “mother” and a grieving “dog” who was her companion.

She has not returned and she disappeared last August. That was the day of the school fair across the road from my house. My husband finally found evidence that she had been taken when he discovered her rather prominent pink collar in the gutter of our neighbour’s house. I know how you feel about the comfort factor because Munchkin used to cuddle up to me when I was feeling very depressed. My father died in 2003 and then things went wrong in the workplace for me (Long story). When I was given Munchkin I was consoled through her loving presence. If I was sad and lying down she used to snuggle up to me, against my chin, and if I moved her she moved back again. Ruby my dog also cuddles up when I am feeling depressed and discouraged.

I have a new kitty named Skittles. I panic if I do not know where she might be hiding. She is part Siamese and has all of the playful traits of that breed. I love her to bits and she reflects the love that I feel for her. I mean how many kittys do you know who can pull down your trouser zipper? How many do you know who thinks of placing a sock in the door (of my son’s room) to make sure that it cannot be closed? How many can turn on the TV? Yet there are many who will sit in their human’s lap and purr. That is what I really love.

I hope you kitty comes home soon. You must be very heartbroken.

Maggie
(owner of Skittles and Ruby the dog)

[quote=Laurel]NR,

I will say a prayer for kitty. Just fyi, my kitty Oreo was gone for 2 weeks a couple of years ago in the coldest part of the year. I drove all around looking for him, I thought he must have been dead. He showed up a few days later warm and fine. I have another cat who was gone for a week and I thought he was gone too, but now I see that he, unlike the others, only comes home every 2-3 days and that is how he likes it. The others come home every night. I hope this helps… and one more thing, I feed many of the neighbors cats that come to the door so kitty is probably getting food from people in the neighborhood too. I have found that they are very resourceful…even when they are very young. Good luck to you and leave a little bit of food on youir porch…kitty may have already stopped by and you did not know it. :yup:

Laurel
[/quote]

Laurel,

Thank you so much for your post! I find your experiences with your kitties heartening and comforting, thank you. I will put some food out straightaway. I always leave the window open for Frankie and his brother Rufie so Frankie knows he can always get in thataway, but hasn’t done so yet…but I’m going to put out some food near the front door and near the window and maybe this will help. The longest Frankie has ever been gone is a day and a half, is all, so these seven days are the longest ever. I have heard before, though, that some cats do take off from time to time so maybe this is what is happening–I pray it is and that he will return to me soon! God bless you, dear! :slight_smile:

Geraldine

I will keep you in my prayers, too. I had a cat that I moved to my apartment when I got married. Rocky was not comfortable there at all. About the third day, he dashed outside and I never found him. I hope your kitty comes home safe and sound. :crying:

[quote=MaggieOH]Geraldine,

I know how you feel. My last kitten, Munchkin was catnapped :crying: It happened on a Sunday. I had a problem with the electricity that morning, and my husband was away for the weekend. I had a friend come over and see if he could help me solve the problem. By the time he arrived my kitty had disappeared, leaving a grieving “mother” and a grieving “dog” who was her companion.

She has not returned and she disappeared last August. That was the day of the school fair across the road from my house. My husband finally found evidence that she had been taken when he discovered her rather prominent pink collar in the gutter of our neighbour’s house. I know how you feel about the comfort factor because Munchkin used to cuddle up to me when I was feeling very depressed. My father died in 2003 and then things went wrong in the workplace for me (Long story). When I was given Munchkin I was consoled through her loving presence. If I was sad and lying down she used to snuggle up to me, against my chin, and if I moved her she moved back again. Ruby my dog also cuddles up when I am feeling depressed and discouraged.

I have a new kitty named Skittles. I panic if I do not know where she might be hiding. She is part Siamese and has all of the playful traits of that breed. I love her to bits and she reflects the love that I feel for her. I mean how many kittys do you know who can pull down your trouser zipper? How many do you know who thinks of placing a sock in the door (of my son’s room) to make sure that it cannot be closed? How many can turn on the TV? Yet there are many who will sit in their human’s lap and purr. That is what I really love.

I hope you kitty comes home soon. You must be very heartbroken.

Maggie
(owner of Skittles and Ruby the dog)
[/quote]

Thank you so much, Maggie–you surely know how close we get to kitties and their love. I am so sorry your wee Munchkin was catnapped, that is so sad. A few folks have asked me if Frankie might have been stolen and it is hard for me to picture because of where we live. We live on a rural highway and have a long driveway and anyone who ventures onto it would be noticed by the neighbors on either side of me, and by the dogs. Also, Frankie is not interested in other people! He is very shy of other humans and pretty skittish, so it is hard to imagine him allowing himself to be snatched up by strangers. He might allow himself to be fed by them, however! I hope he is safe and will return to me soon. Many blessings to you, Maggie.

Geraldine

[quote=Detroit Sue]I will keep you in my prayers, too. I had a cat that I moved to my apartment when I got married. Rocky was not comfortable there at all. About the third day, he dashed outside and I never found him. I hope your kitty comes home safe and sound. :crying:
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers, DetroitSue. I’m so sorry Rocky ran away when you moved. That had to be so difficult for you. Our kitties mean so much to us, they are pure love and part of our families. I pray your Rocky is safe, and I hope my kitty Frankie comes home very soon, too! Many blessings to you,

Geraldine

Would your other pets eat Frankie’s favorite treats if you set those outside? The last time our cat made a run for it (she’s indoor only) we had to walk around the yard shaking the container of Pounce until she heard it and came running.

I hope she comes back soon!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.