Prayers Needed For Matthew as he is in his last days

I got an email from my husbands Aunt Joanie who said she has spoken with my husbands Godmother and she said that her son Matthews cancer that he has in his brain and lungs has gotten so bad that hospice has been called in so that he can die at home. Please keep them in your prayers, His son Michael, Mother Dolores, brothers Father Paul (a real Catholic Priest) and Dominic, and sisters Kathy and Julia and the rest of the family. Pray for a peaceful death. God Bless You all. Mary Keep you.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Prayer to St. Peregrine for sick relatives and Friends.

O great St. Peregrine, thou hast been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker” because of the numerous miracles which thou hast obtained from God for those who have had recourse to thee, thou who for so many years didst bear in thine own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the Source of all grace when the power of man could do no more; thou who wast favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal thy affliction, ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to thee. (Matthew)
Aided in this way by thy powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

I will pray for Matthew and his family. May Our Lord have mercy on him.

Blessings,
Judi

Matthew is in my prayers.

Holding Matthew in my prayers.

Praying…

O God, great and omnipotent judge of the living and the dead, we are to appear before You after this short life to render an account of our works. Give us the grace to prepare for our last hour by a devout and holy life, and protect us against a sudden and unprovided death. Let us remember our frailty and mortality, that we may always live in the ways of Your commandments. Teach us to “watch and pray” (Luke 21, 36), that when Your summons comes for our departure from this world, we may go forth to meet You, experience a merciful judgment, and rejoice in everlasting happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

O Mother of Sorrows,
by the anguish and love
with which thou didst stand beside the Cross of Jesus,
stand by me in my last agony.
To thy maternal heart I commend the three last hours of my life.
Offer these hours to the Eternal Father
in union with the agony of our dearest Lord.
Offer frequently to the Eternal Father,
in atonement for my sins,
the Precious Blood of Jesus,
mingled with thy tears on Calvary,
to obtain for me the grace to receive Holy Communion
with most perfect love and contrition before my death,
and to breathe forth my soul in the actual presence of Jesus.

Dearest Mother, when the moment of my death has come,
present me as thy child to Jesus;
say to Him in my behalf:
“Son, forgive him, for he knew not what he did.
Receive him this day into Thy kingdom.” Amen.

Dear Gigglin -
In addition to prayers to St. Peregrine:
Have him inducted in Brown Scapular and keep blessed on him.
Don’t be afraid of using **Holy water **regularly.
Green Scapular - place it on him.

Chaplet of Divine Mercy - please say it at his bedside - with others, if possible.

If you have the Pieta book, there are specific prayers to say in there.

Pray with him - ask him to pray with you - let him know he has had a priest (if he doesn’t know) and be there constantly for him. Talk to him. Avoid panicking. Be strong, calm and unafraid to hold him, comfort him and just tell him you’re there.

The above from lessons learned by my mistakes. You will rest easier later.
God help you, your family and this soul - through this trying time.
St. Joseph, Patron of a Happy Death - pray for him…pray for us !

Praying

For Matthew and his family~

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those
who trespass against us;
Amen

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

For Matthew we pray with Goforgoal:

And we ask Your loving healing and care for Matthew’s famly, Lord.

May the Lord be close to Mathew and his family through these sad and painful times. Amen.

Father of mercy and compassion, look with intense love upon Matthew as he lives out the earthly life which You have blessed him with. We pray that he is spiritually prepared for eternity in joy. Graciously surround him with family, friends and hospice workers who will reflect Your love to him. Grant that any suffering he must bear will serve as the temporal punishment for any remaining sin. Lord, we ask that You strengthen his family and loved ones during these days and that You inspire them to give thanks for the cherished memories and blessings gained from his life. In Your goodness, join our prayers with those of Your Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for mercy upon Matthew and for peace within his spirit. In all things, may Your Name be praised. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your only Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Almighty and Everlasting God, preserver of souls, who dost correct those whom Thou dost love, and for their betterment dost tenderly chastise those whom Thou dost receive, we call upon Thee, O Lord, to grant Thy healing, that the soul of Thy servant Matthew, at the hour of its departure from the body, may by the hands of Thy holy Angels be presented without spot unto Thee.

Amen.

Matthew has a brother who is a priest. Father Paul will know what to do to help him. Thank you for giving me some ideas but I am placing this in God’s Hands.

Praying for Matthew, Michael, Aunt Dolores, Father Paul, Dominic, Kathy and Julie.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

O great St. Peregrine, thou hast been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker” because of the numerous miracles which thou hast obtained from God for those who have had recourse to thee, thou who for so many years didst bear in thine own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the Source of all grace when the power of man could do no more; thou who wast favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal thy affliction, ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to thee. (Matthew)

Aided in this way by thy powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

praying very hard

Praying for Matthew, Michael, Aunt Dolores, Father Paul, Dominic, Kathy and Julie.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

Please pray also that my 9 Day Novenas to St. Peregrine get here in time so that I can send them to his mother for them to use around him in prayer. Saint Anthony and Saint Jude hear my prayers so that they will come before God calls Matthew home. As his mother gave me money to get them. Please help them arrive. Matthew is in his late 40’s or early 50’s.

Praying for matthew and his family
grandma glor

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.