Prayers needed for me and my basset hound, Ike

My baby w/fur, Ike, has diabetes as well as colitis. He hasn’t been well for over a week so I had to rush him to the vet Thursday for a checkup. He was dxed as having a viral infection in his gut and is on an anti-inflammatory/anti “D” drug and on a bland diet like myself. No signs of improvement yet for him so I have to call tomorrow for further information.

On top of him being sick since last week, I have been dealing with being there for DH and his family since his grandmother passed away the day before Memorial day, thus, out of town family came in, calls had to be made, plus his mom stayed with us for a day. Have been trying to multi-task being supportive and watching Ike then running our normal errands which got pushed back until Friday. I fell ill out of nowhere after coming home in the afternoon with a viral infection that aggravated my Crohn’s, so I am slowly recovering from that.

I need prayers mostly for my Ike (DH too) to figure out why he’s not getting better. As for me, I can handle my cross as I’ve been through it before. (sigh) Crohnies are like that.

thanks for the prayerful support. God bless.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary
That never was it known
That anyone who fled to your protection,
Implored your help, or sought your intercession,
Was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
We fly unto you,
O Virgin of Virgins, Our Mother.
To you we come,
Before you we stand,
Sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not our petitions,
But in your clemency,
Hear and answer us,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St. Francis of Assisi pray for Ike Chronie4Life. :crossrc:

St. Anthony of Padua, saint of miracles, pray for Ike and Chronie4Life. :crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen. :crossrc:

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. :crossrc:

Lord, I pray that Ike gets cured of his infection in speedy time so he and chrohnie4life can get on with their happy relationship united in love, a love which makes chronie4life able to better appreciate Your love for her. I pray for chronie4life and her husband, that they grow even closer to You as a couple and never lose any of those special sacramental graces you gave them on their wedding day. Bless this household with peace and many days of happiness amid their toil, struggles, and sufferings of this life. Bless them and make them holy. Make Ike well again, I ask you, Lord, as I know how much it would mean to chrohnie4life. Amen.

[quote=ready]Lord, I pray that Ike gets cured of his infection in speedy time so he and chrohnie4life can get on with their happy relationship united in love, a love which makes chronie4life able to better appreciate Your love for her. I pray for chronie4life and her husband, that they grow even closer to You as a couple and never lose any of those special sacramental graces you gave them on their wedding day. Bless this household with peace and many days of happiness amid their toil, struggles, and sufferings of this life. Bless them and make them holy. Make Ike well again, I ask you, Lord, as I know how much it would mean to chrohnie4life. Amen.
[/quote]

Amen and a special pat for Ike from me.

Poor Ike, your DH and you - You all need some TLC right now. I pray that God surrounds you all with angels to minister to your every need and that He blesses you with His peace, love and healing touch. :angel1:

I love dogs, and I pray that God may help you and surround you with His angels and his Love, and help you through all these things to heal your infirmities and Ike’s too.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Hi Everyone, Just a quick update. Ike is better from the colitis flare. He was on doggie flagyl (a gut antibiotic similar to what crohn’s pts. take) for 4 days and improved. Praise God.

He goes in for his physical, dental cleaning, and cyst removal on his ear while being under anesthesia. No food or water since 11 pm for him. Also, I discovered that he has fleas on his head!!! No signs of scratching at all and I only discovered them the one morning when they were crawling on his head and near his nose. He never had that problem until this year so he already was bathed in flea shampoo and will be put on Advantage via the vet’s recommendation. He’s been through so much already. (sigh)

Please pray that he has a good outcome as he is a diabetic and 11 yrs. old. He is doing better than me right now. It’s after midnight and I am still up and he’s passed out on his favorite quilt. He was a housewarming gift from DH 2 weeks after we moved into our home. I came home from work and he was sitting on the front steps with hubby…this tiny fuzz ball (use to put him in a baby blanket or my pocket) with big ears. He finally grew into the ears and is 56 pounds of pure Basset hound. He LOVES children, tummy rubs, and giving me kisses on the cheek whenever I cry or am not feeling well.

Thank you in advance. I will post his outcome after he comes home. God Bless. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update! I love my dog too and will pray for you and yours.:slight_smile:

St. Francis of Assisi Lover of all Creation
Prayer for Sick Animals:
Heavenly Father,
you created all things for your glory
and made us stewards of this creature
If it is your will, restore Ike to health and strength.
Blessed are you, Lord God,
and holy is your name for ever and ever.
Amen

Merciful Jesus, during Your life on earth You showed great concern for the sick and the infirm. Have compassion now on Chronis4life who is ill. Grant her a healing of mind and body and restore her strength and spirit.

Comfort her with the knowledge that we are praying for her and her dear husband, and give them peace with a sense of Your presence. May they know that in a special way they are united with You, their suffering Christ. May they contribute to the welfare of the Whole People of God by associating themselves freely with Your passion and death for the salvation of the world. Bless, too, those who take care of the sick. In their own time of need, bestow on them a hundredfold the blessings they have given to others. Amen

Thanks for the update on Ike - hope that his treatment under anaesthetic has gone/goes well.

I told my cats about Ike and they send him and you their purrs.

Will be watching for your update.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.