Prayers needed for me and my girlfriend who are faced with depression and suicide

I never had problems with depression growing up. I was always the happy, energetic one, but then I met my girlfriend, Kaitlyn. We love each other very much and both have strong faith in the Lord. Kaitlyn has faced many family problems. Problems that should never happen to a wonderful girl like her. Those problems severely depress her she has resorted to cutting and thought about suicide. Since I love her so much, I also get depressed and cut and think suicidal thoughts. I almost killed myself last night. This has been going on for far too long. She has done nothing wrong to deserve such a life…neither have I. I’m just asking…please…please pray for me and her. My faith is one of the only things I’m holding onto right now…that and my undying love for Kaitlyn.

Mark, I will pray for you and your girlfriend, but you both need to seek professional help if you are causing self-harm (cutting, suicidal thoughts). Please go to the nearest Emergency Services now. Explain it all to them, and ask for assistance.

If you nearly killed yourself last night, then you need to go NOW.

Praying for you and your girlfriend (who also needs professional help, if what you’re saying is true):

Lord, watch over and protect these young people who are in a very dangerous situation of depression and self-harm. Send your angels to protect them, and help them get to a place where they can get immediate assistance from medical professionals at the nearest Emergency Room.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Our Father, Who art in heaven hallowed be Your Name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you Michael for your prayers. The self harm has stopped 2 months ago. Me and her promised each other not to cut anymore. Thank you for your prayers. It means a lot to me.

Mark please get professional help urgently via the emergency room or your doctor just as Michael has mentioned.

Lord please help Mark and Kaitlyn and bring people into their lives who can help them address their depression and suicidal tendencies. Lord please help them to overcome these tendencies and that they both get the support and love in their lives that they need.Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

You are most welcome. Now get off the computer, and go the E/R and get yourself in medical care.

Now

Time’s a wasting, young man. GO!.

Seriously, NOW…

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

pray the rosary when you feel bad. Mary will give you peace. Pray the Saint Michael’s chaplet and you will be protected by the Holy Angels against the ideations from the devils.

Mark,
I know its hard to be in a situation. My prayers are for both of u. I do hope you and Kaitlyn have gone to the ER or seek immediate attention ASAP/NOW, at this time.
Have faith, be strong.

Our dear Lord, Mark admits to a healthy and happy upbringing.
Please help him to work on developing his personal strength of character so that he is able to lead and witness with positive strength instead of sinking beneath another’s misery, and his loved one’s misery. Help him to grow as a healer and not a victim so that he is able to give courage and strength to others, helping them also to heal.
Lord help Kaitlyn to find hope and new beginning in creating a better future than was her past experience.
Mother Mary please pray for them both

Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen. :signofcross:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Lord please help Mark and Kaitlyn and bring people into their lives who can help them address their depression and suicidal tendencies. Lord please help them to overcome these tendencies and that they both get the support and love in their lives that they need.Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

:gopray:

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Our Father, Who art in heaven hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
Amen

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
Amen

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.