Prayers needed for my family...

My family has really been struggling in the past year. We have faced multiple stressors including older children moving away, loss of job and income, and extreme marital stress.

I have not been perfect and blameless in all of this but my husband blames me entirely for everything that has happened and constantly complains about me to our teenage sons and drags them into our disagreements. I remain silent because if I argue with him, it only makes things worse. When I try to defend myself, he just becomes furious and says more and more terrible things about me in front of our kids so I tend to withdraw from such conversations entirely.

Consequently my teenage sons are beginning to blame me for all of our problems and even ridicule me. Our once loving family seems to fallen apart. We are all miserable. After more than 26 years of marriage, I am not sure that we will survive this.

Please pray for my family. Thank you.

praying for your family:gopray2::blessyou:

Keran I'm sad for your predicament and for the lack of respect given to you along with all the difficulties that you have been facing.
I ask God to guide you.
Lord, Keran's husband is causing a lot of harm not only to his wife but also to their sons, in complaining, of and vilifying her to her sons.
Please somehow stem and reverse this wrongful behavior.
Lord have mercy and Mother Mary please pray for Keran, her husband, and her sons.

:console:

I will specially mention keran's case in my rosary prayer.:thumbsup:

Praying for you, Keran...

Praying for you and family. A good Catholic Counselor could provide sound guidance and tools to help.

Hope your situation improves.

Praying that peace and harmony will return to your family.

Thank you all for the prayers. It helps so much to know that people are praying.

I am in counseling. He went once and refused to return because she "does not take his side enough." He may go back but I doubt it and when he talks about going, he tells me how he is going to set the counselor straight and make certain she knows that I am the problem.

Last night was particularly awful and ugly between us. I would rather he ignore me so we do not fight like that. I feel very badly for our kids.

The kids are in school and he is working, so I am hoping that this evening will be better.

Again thank you everyone for your prayers.

I have decided to spend some time on here praying for others everyday when I am feeling down about my situation. Particulary those with problems with marriage, family and motherhood.It is the only thing that helps me feel better.

Keran

St Rita of Cascia, Our Lady, angels and saints, please intercede for Keran and her family.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Compassionate God I entrust Keran and her family to Your merciful love.
Mother Mary please pray for Keran, for her husband and for her children.

Thank you Trishie and Love St Auggie. Things have gotten worse in my home. My husband is being horribly emotionally and verbally abusive. I was not allowed to sleep last night. I will not go into all of the details of this day which has already been very long, but I am in a state of despair. I have 3 papers due for school today and I do not know how I can possibly do them after all of the stress and no sleep. I am going to try to pray for a few people and sleep a bit if I can in the hopes that I will function better. Please keep praying for me and my family.

Lord please come to Keran's aid in her lonely suffering.
Please bring all things to good for her.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying my heart out for you.

Thank you for praying for me. He has really been trying to pick a fight today. I am really trying to avoid it. Nothing good ever comes of our "discussions".

Father please help Keran and her family with love and healing, and give Keran all the wisdom and graces she needs.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Thank you for your prayers. Things are actually a bit more peaceful in my home for the past few days. I pray that it lasts and that things turn aournd for us. Thank you all so much.

Lord God, I join the prayers for keran, her husband, and their sons. Please bless them all with true love, compassion, mercy, and understanding. I pray that peace and loving relationships will reign in their family. Please touch their minds, hearts, and souls so that they may all communicate and love together as the Blessed family did in Jerusalem and Bethlehem. All these I ask in the name of Jesus and through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph. AMEN.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.