Prayers needed for Priest

I’ve been at this forum for a bit so I feel comfortable saying this.

The priest at the parish I am now attending appears to be very angry with/at the church/teachings, etc. He’s always putting someone or something down in his homily, including our Pope. He doesn’t end with something uplifting so we all can learn a lesson from his homily. Every Sunday since I started attending this church (a few months ago) I leave feeling so sad. We also do a lot of things so totally different and I feel lost (but I’ll get over that).

I ask you for your prayers for this priest. I too have been praying for him everyday this week and have asked our patron Saint to pray too.

I feel like I just cannot leave this parish and join another. I feel I was called to this parish and that God wants me there.

Thank you.

[quote=serenity]I’ve been at this forum for a bit so I feel comfortable saying this.

…I ask you for your prayers for this priest. I too have been praying for him everyday this week and have asked our patron Saint to pray too.

I feel like I just cannot leave this parish and join another. I feel I was called to this parish and that God wants me there.

Thank you.
[/quote]

Serenity,
I can relate…similar things going on in my parish…I say a Rosary everday for priests and will include your petition.
Annunciata:)

Serenity - in addition to your parish’s patron saint, you and others may want to pray to St. John Vianney for his intercession as the Patron Saint of Priests.

Information about St. John Vianney’s life:
cin.org/saints/curears-marshall.html

Prayer to St. John Vianney
goccn.org/diocese/depts/vocations/prayers.htm#Vianney
I’ll say some of these for you, your parish and your priest in trouble right now. Let us know how things go.

God Bless,
servantofgod

Thank you both so much. Prayers were answered because the homily our priest did today was amazing! He spoke so beautifully of the eucharist. I thank God my prayers were answered. After mass, I shook his hand and thanked him for such a touching and spiritually uplifting homily. His whole face lit up and I wanted to cry!

I will definately petition St. John Vianney, and continue my prayers.

Again, thank you both so much.

Serenity –

I have been away from the Catholic Answers forums for a few months and missed your reply until just now. What wonderful news! The intercession of the saints never ceases to refresh my spirit.

When you pray for your pastor to St. John Vieanny, might I also ask you say a small prayer for me and also a person I just met on the forums, gez322, who are both presently discerning a calling to the Permanent Diaconate. While I’m not sure if John Vienny’s patronage includes deacons as well as priests, I’m sure he will hear your prayers and get them to the right place! :slight_smile:

God Bless you and your parish community,

I pray for this Priest and all Priests through the Rosary.
May God giude him thought his anger and come back to Gods ways.

Be patient, God has a plan.:knight2:

For all priests, sisters, deacons, and those discerning a call to religious life, let us pray.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Dear Saint John Vianney,
your childhood dream was to be a Priest,
to win souls for God.
You endured years of toil and humiliation
to attain the Priesthood.
You became a priest truly after God's own Heart,
outstanding in humility and poverty;
prayer and mortification,
Totally devoted to the service of God's people.
The Church has exalted you as model
and patron saint of all Parish priests,
trusting that your example and prayers
will help them to live up
to the high dignity of their vocation
to be faithful servants of God's people,
to be perfect imitators of Christ the Savior
Who came not to be served but to serve,
to give His life in ransom for many.

Pray that God may give to His Church today
many more priests after His own Heart.
Pray for all the priests under your patronage,
that they may be worthy representatives
of Christ the Good Shepherd.
May they wholeheartedly devote themselves
to prayer and penance;
be examples of humility and poverty;
shining models of holiness;
tireless and powerful preachers of the Word of God;
zealous dispensers of God's Grace in the Sacraments.
May their loving devotion to Jesus in the Eucharist
and to Mary His Mother
be the Twin Fountains of fruitfulness for their ministry.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.