Prayers needed

Please pray for P., my fellow choir member. He had a heart attack during Mass this morning and was rushed to the hospital.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

[quote=SeekerJen]Please pray for P., my fellow choir member. He had a heart attack during Mass this morning and was rushed to the hospital.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
[/quote]

I’ll include him and his family in prayer …please keep us updated.

Thanks, Aimee.

I just received an email from another choir member. P. is doing well. The doctors have determined that he did not have a heart attack as was first thought, but instead an anxiety attack, and they are hoping to release him from the hospital later today. Praise God!

Please pray for him anyway- he has not been in the best of health recently.

I just signed on here. Thanks be to God that it was not a heart attack! Ahh, the power of prayer! :slight_smile:

I am happy to see it turned out to be just a panic attack as opposed to a heart attack…Deo Gratias

[quote=SeekerJen]I just received an email from another choir member. P. is doing well. The doctors have determined that he did not have a heart attack as was first thought, but instead an anxiety attack, and they are hoping to release him from the hospital later today. Praise God!

Please pray for him anyway- he has not been in the best of health recently.
[/quote]

Good to see that he will be OK. I will say a prayer for him. I have on occasion suffered from panic attacks so I can totally relate to him thinking he was having a heart attack.

A fellow choir member of mine was having a heart attack a few months ago during one of our practices. He did not say anything to anyone. He just thought he had a pulled muscle in his chest. During that same evening after practice, the pain got so bad that he took himself to the ER. He did not believe them when they told him he was having a heart attack.

Lucky for him he did not ignore the pain and got help. He said he almost didn’t go into the ER when he arrived. He was thinking that it was OK and that he should just go home. But, by a strange coincidence a fellow member of our church was leaving the ER at the same time my friend was getting there, saw him and persuaded him to stay. He says that if it weren’t for him bumping into that person he probably would have died. God works in mysterious ways.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.