Prayers Needed...

First off God Bless you all for taking the time to read my post. I am fairly new to this site as well as to finding again my relationship with our Lord. I feel most at peace when I am praying and learning and I want that to cont. and grow As well as in my sons. Right now they go to Catholic school my oldest is in 5th grade right now and my youngest is in Kindergarten. Last year my oldest had to attend public school because we were not able to afford to send him to Catholic school. The prinicpal found out that was the reason our son couldn’t attend and told us of a grant if we wanted to have him return to Catholic school.My son wanted to return to Catholic school and each day asked when and if he could go back and would ask why their was no prayer and why their was no talk of God. I had to explain thats just how public school was. With the Lord’s help we filled out the grant and after months of waiting we heard back that the boys got the grant and we were to just pay 200 each mth for tution. This was a true blessing and I could not be happier for having my boys back in Catholic school my youngest I have seen him want to know more and come and tell me stories that he learned. As well as my oldest. My husband is the sole bread winner in the home and worked 2 jobs. Of course with the bad times that are going on. We of course have felt it and he lost one of his 2 jobs.We have been struggling more then words could say but with his mother and my mother we have been able to do what needs to be done for the children (we also have a 2 yr.old little girl) Yet even with the tution being only 200 we have fallen behind but catch up but once more right now we are 2 mths behind. We again filed for the grant for next year. Here is where I am asking for prayers. we need to be given that grant again for next year that is the ONLY way they will be able to attend. Today we recieved a letter asking us to please explain how we are able to pay our rent and provide for the 5 people that live in the household. Its because of my mother and Mother in law whenever we need help they help us and praying and doing odd jobs here and there but how do I write this… The odd jobs I do are baby sitting and with that I go and buy food or whatever else is needed. How do I write this?
All I know is that we have been struggling but have made sure our children have everything and anything they need to be safe and happy and have God in their hearts. So I ask you to pray for the wisdom as to what to write. I already have asked my Mother in law to write a letter stating she has helped us. It says to write an amount but we don’t know how much it might be.I had been reading the story of St.Faustina it fell in my lap as I was reading 2 weeks ago the church bulletin and I looked her up I did not know anything about her… I saw the scared Jesus and those words struck me… Jesus, I trust in you… NOW it makes sense I truly believe in our Lord’s whispers and believe that that was one that I truly need to carry those words and believe them. I am afraid and wish not be afraid… I pray that our Lord will hear my prayers and thank any of you that take the time to pray for us as well.

Welcome to this site. May you find comfort among the friends here. Keep strong and continue to pray. Pray the rosary.

Hail Mary! Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou among women
And, Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus,
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now, and
At the hour of our death,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :signofcross: :gopray2:

Prayers for you as you fill out this application. May God give you the means to provide your children with the Catholic education you desire for them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among woman ,
and blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Many of us sympathize, knowing what a struggle it is to raise children and to cope with financial burdens. I hope and pray that you receive all the testimonials you need to support your succcessful request for the grant.
Hopefully your mother-in-law can assess the amount you’re unsure of, and that you are able to present all your evidence simply and clearly.

It was kind of the Lord to introduce you to St Faustina and trust in the divine mercy of God.
I once asked my Dad who raised nine children on a single wage, and sent us all to Catholic schools, how on earth he coped. “Trust in God” was his only and complete answer. I know how difficult trust can be in the face of worrying practical problems. May we all say, like St Thomas, "I believe, Lord. Help my unbelief."
May God be with your family in all things. :slight_smile:

Warm regards, Trishie

Praying for you and your family.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be…

Lord, help this woman fill out her application properly and may she successfully receive the grant she needs for her children to be able to attend Catholic schools. I ask you to get her in touch with someone who can help her fill out her application, someone who knows about these things. Amen.

You’ll be remembered in my daily rosaries, adorations and Masses.

I can not thank each of you for your prayers. Bless you all. I will update once I send the paperwork needed.

-Ellie

Praying for your intentions, and I welcome you to the board! I hope things work out for you…with God all things really are possible.

I really know how hard is your situation right now …
I’m praying hard for your intention

God bless you too and I hope everything works out.:slight_smile:

Praying for you and your family.

For your family needs, Ellie

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

God bless you and your family, Ellie

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

UPDATE: Praise God!!! My Boys got the GRANT!!! Praise HIm!! and thank you for all of those who helped me pray! I can not express what this means to me Praise be his name!

I was just cleaning the living room and yesterday of all days I didn’t go get the mail more cause it was raining the whole day. I let my hubby get the mail and I asked any mail for me? He said no but left the mail on the sofa where the kids where and it all got crumpled up … I was cleaning up the living room this AM and I said hmm look Chris left all this stuff here and I said I guess its trash… but something said to check them and I saw a letter from the Our Dioceses and I bet he didn’t open it cause he prob. thought it was a letter from the Cemetry where our daughter is,since they send a letters for notices… so I opened it and I see the boys names and it saying Congrats you have recieved a grant for the 2009-10 school year. Praise God…

Thank you again for everyone here as well that helped me pray. :slight_smile:

-Ellie

** :signofcross:
. . . for these youngsters Lord . . .

Lord Have Mercy**

Lord, have mercy on us
Christ, have mercy on us
Lord, have mercy on us
Christ, hear us
Christ, graciously hear us

God our Father in Heaven,
have mercy on us
Jesus,
God the Son,
Redeemer of the World,
have mercy on us
God the Holy Spirit,
have mercy on us
Holy Trinity, one God,
have mercy on us

Holy Mary, pray for us
Holy Mother of God, pray for us
Holy Virgin of virgins, pray for us

St. Joseph,
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs, pray for us
Spouse of the Mother of God, pray for us
Chaste guardian of the Virgin, pray for us
Foster father of the Son of God, pray for us
Diligent protector of Christ, pray for us
Head of the Holy Family, pray for us
Amen

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Dear Lord+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother+
. . . thank you Blessed St. Joseph+
:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.