Prayers of Thanksgiving for my brother

I want to thank all of you here who have been praying for my brother Tom who had cancer.

Please note that I am using the past tense. **YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!! **His cancer has been cured!!! :extrahappy::dancing:

That is right. Last January, he had stage IV lymphoma and was given less than a 1% chance of surviving till his birthday in August. But now his cancer has been cured!! That is the word the doctors are using, “cured”!

After being treated for his cancer in Anchorage, where he lives, he went to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. I will tell you that that place is hands-down the greatest medical facility I have ever had any dealings with. Without a single exception, everyone there, from the doctors to the receptionists, are absolutely over qualified, friendly, humble and exceptionally helpful and kind. Great people, everyone of them.

Anyway, he is in Seattle to get a bone marrow and stem cell transplant using his own bone marrow and his own stem cells. We were told that this process usually takes 5 to 8 months. My brother started there the second week in October and we expected him to go home sometime between February and June.

Yesterday, we learned that his treatment has gone so well that instead of taking 5 to 8 months, he finished the entire program in 11 weeks! Less than three months! :whackadoo::egyptian: In fact, my brother was told that no one had ever completed the program as quickly as he did.

He will be released on December 18 and will be able to go home on December 21! He will be home for Christmas! :christmastree1:

Not only this, but he is slowly turning to the Catholic Church. He is convinced it is the prayers from the nuns at a convent where I hang out at and the Prayers of the St. Padre Pio Society in Rome that healed him. Now I will not call it a outright conversion, it is bringing him closer to the coming into the Church! Something else to be thankful for!

I just want to thank all of you who prayed for him. And I would like to ask all of you to offer prayers of thanksgiving for his recovery and his journey into the Church!

Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, thank You for your healing graces of body and soul of this loved brother. Please continue his healing process and grant him return to faith and faithfulness within the Catholic Church. Thank You

Dear God, hear our prayers of thanks and glory for Your merciful answers to rpp’s and everyone’s prayers on this matter. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:
:thumbsup:

Wonderful news!! Praying hard with thanksgiving to God for all He has done for you and your brother, and that he may continue to be healed and given the grace of faith.

*Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Canticle
1 Chronicles 29
To God alone be honour and glory

Blessed are you, Lord, God of our father Israel, through all the ages.
All power and greatness are yours, O God; glory, splendour, and majesty.
All things are yours, in the heavens and on the earth; you rule over them, Lord, you are high above them all.
All riches and glory come from you, you rule over all things.

In your hand lie strength and power, your hand raises all things and sets them firm.
So now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.