Prayers or Novenas for a spouse for my sister?

My eldest sister is over 30. She has been wanting to get married for years and years now. She almost was married 8 years ago, but the man she was seeing broke the engagement 6 months before the wedding. She has not had another relationship since then. I worry that she is letting her past stop her from finding the right man.

I have 3 sisters, and we are all unmarried. I know I want to find a husband and I know my other 2 sisters want to find husbands as well, but I worry about my eldest sister the most. She is the only one over 30 and I believe she is becoming more depressed about it with each passing day. I want her to be happy and I can see that she is not.

I’m asking if there is a prayer or novena out there that I, myself, can pray to help God find her a husband. Even a prayer or novena I can give to her to pray to help find a husband. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. God bless.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hi OP. I invite you to join the group I created, Praying for Our Future Spouse. forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=831 The group also has a forum forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=343 Feel free to suggest prayers. Members post novenas and we pray together. We’ve prayed the 54 day rosary novena a couple of times.

You can ask for the intercession of any saint to meet your future spouse. St. Anne, St. Joseph, archangel St. Raphael, St. Martha, Our Lady are popular saints that people pray to to find their spouse. There’s also the novena to Bl. Anna Marie Taigi
revolutionoflove.com/splendor/chapel/bl_taigi.html

Here’s an old thread on this topic: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=202116

Archangel.Raphael is one person for such ocassions.Please pray a novena to him

Novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots
theholyrosary.org/maryundoerknots

This novena is very helpful for many kinds of requests including that of finding a spouse.

God bless!

Not to discourage you, but…some people don’t get married, no matter how much they want to or no matter how unhappy they are being single. I am in my 40s and have been wanting a spouse for OVER 20 YEARS and at this point I would be very surprised if it ever happens. I am sorry your sister is not happy, but like I have been told a million times, you have to be happy alone before you can be happy with someone. The people who say this, though, have never been alone. I am going to join that group, though, maybe it will help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for all of this! I’m going to look through all of it. God bless.

I will do that!

Thank you for the link! I will pray this novena as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.