Prayers please for a man that has barracaded himself

Sad Sad situation. :frowning: This man has barracaded himself. He has killed 2 police officers and a 3rd is seriously injured. This man is a Vietnam veteran and they believe that he has snapped. He thinks that he is presently in a war. There are numerous police officers sheriffs, and even some military personnel. All of this is happening right by a Catholic church. :frowning: The man lives by Holy Redeemer Catholic Church here in Texas. Please pray that this man finds peace and gives himself up. That he does not kill anyone else. And pray for the police officers’ families. :frowning:

If this continues thru the morning, I wonder if Mass would have to be canceled at this church? Dh and I don’t attend this Catholic church but I have family that does. ugh. So sad:(

Praying …

Father, I pray that this man surrender and no harm is done to anyone else… Please hear our prayer in the Name of Jesus Christ … AMEN

Praying here too. I’m going to bed because it’s getting late and I have to be at church at 8:00 in the morning for our 1st CCD class. I’ll update tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers.

Oh My Good and merciful Lord, please help everyone in this situation. Please, please dear Father bring peace to our brother and to all the brave and selfless people that was and is trying to protect us. May you have mercy on their souls. i also ask for blessings and peace for my Friend TexRose who worries and who brought this intention to us. Please Father hear our cries.
i ask this in God the Fathers name, God the Son’s name and God the Holy Spirit’s name.:signofcross:

Chyna

Praying

Lord, please bring your peace and love to this situation!

Praying for this situation.

The man finally surrendered last night. 2 police officers died and the 3rd is fighting for his life. He was shot in the face. :frowning: This is such a sad situation. Something like this does not happen in my city.
Thank you all for your prayers.

I’m so sorry this has happened. :frowning:

Yes, this is so very sad… I’m glad that the man surrendered and there were no more fatalities…

Let us pray for the officer that is wounded and the two that were killed…

Father, we pray for the souls of the officer slain in the line of duty. We pray for their families and their city. Father, we ask for a healing of the thrid officer. Restore his health and increase his spirituality and faith in you Lord… In Jesus name I pray… AMEN

Will keep all those in this overwhelmingly tragic situation in prayer

:frowning: such a sad situation…:crossrc::crossrc:for all concerned…

TexRose The man finally surrendered last night. 2 police officers died and the 3rd is fighting for his life. He was shot in the face. This is such a sad situation. Something like this does not happen in my city.
Thank you all for your prayers.

i am so sorry that this happened. i am so sorry for all concerned. Dear Father have mercy on us…:signofcross:

Saint Michael the Archangel, plead with our Father to heal both the injured and the injurer. May the Lord God have mercy upon those who fell in the defense of strangers, and be of heavenly comfort to those who mourn their loss. Amen.

Praying…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.