Prayers please, they do help

I humbly ask for your prayers and intentions please. I have been very, very faithful and devoted to my prayer life the last 8+ months, but this past week has been very tough. I find myself away from my determination to pray daily. My inability to find a new job after getting laid off last month has really discouraged me and created a sense of hopeless and a feeling of uselessness. I NEED to support my family, yet day after day brings little in the way of interviews or job offers.

I know God is at work here, but the stress and worry are taking a huge toll on me and my family. Please pray not only for my job situation to improve soon, but for me to again be inspired and filled with devotion back to my daily prayer. I feel as though I am alone right now, and things seems awfully bleak. I try to keep a good daily routine so as not to fall into depression, but each passing day with no job, no insight from the Lord, makes it all the more difficult.

I thank you for your prayers and kindness and ask the Lord to bless each of you and your intentions.

Peace

Bruce

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for you Bruce.

Lord, please get Bruce to an adoration chapel where he can spend time together with you. Even if Bruce doesn’t speak a word and just keeps you company, that will be a perfect prayer from him. As you know, Lord, when times are tough two things occur in the prayer life: we either are compelled to pray harder or we are compelled to stop praying altogether. Bruce has stopped altogether and doesn’t like this. He is going through spiritual aridity and darkness and needs to know that it is now when he should make sure he spends time with you - even if he just remains silent in desperation. He will at least be able to receive graces from you by just being in your presence and keeping you company when he feels nothing. It is at this time when his prayers are most valuable and pleasing to you - even when Bruce feels he isn’t even actively praying or doing anything of real importance in his prayer life. It is now when Bruce can see clearly and in a really concrete way how he can do nothing without you and how he is completely dependent on you for his temporal and spiritual needs - for everything. Now that Bruce is being exercised in his faith, help him to reach out from the depths of his heart to you and cry out for help and receive from you a loving response. Now that he really sees how we are all nothing without you, help him to rid himself of all attatchments to all things other than you. When he has his heart devoted to you alone you will proceed to make sure his needs are met and will reward him for his trust in you - I know. May Bruce trust in you and be surrendered to your merciful love, like a child in his father’s arms knowing that all his needs will be met. Help Bruce not give up on prayer, Lord. It is what he needs along with perseverence to get through this difficult time. Without prayer and the Blessed Sacrament he won’t have strength to make it through this dark night he is experiencing. Bless him and make him a saint, if he isn’t one already. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

My prayers are with you, Bruce. I have been unsuccessful at finding a job myself, and even though I am not the primary earner in my household, I do feel the burden of not contributing. I understand all too well how it is to feel unproductive. How much more your burden must be being the head of a household. Please keep at your prayer life, even when you are not feeling like it or when it feels you are just going through the motions. God hears even your unspoken words and is at work in your life, even though right now it seems He is silent. I will pray for you and your family during this trying time. God Bless!
:signofcross:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Continued prayers…

Continued prayers…

Lord God, help Bruce to remember that his identity isn’t in the job he has, but is in you and the fact that he belongs to you through Holy Baptism. Help him to realize he is not alone in his worries and troubles. The Psalmist wrote Psalm 88 finding nothing in that moment that would give him a glimmer of hope. Job endured long questioning and challenging you as he suffered so many losses and sufferings made worse by the accusation of his friends. And Christ our Lord prayed for the cup to pass even as he asked your will be done later only to cry out to you on the cross asking why you had abandoned him. Except that you bring good out of all things, we would be at a loss to understand why we must endure any and all trials. We know the redemption you made possible through the suffering and death of your Son. We also know of the manifestation of your power made perfect in the times of our weakness, meant to draw us closer to you and to be a sign to the world of your power and faithfulness. In whatever way that will meet the needs of Bruce and his wife and others here suffering cuts in pay and unemployment, please we here beg of you that you would speedily grant such as is needed for all. And grant them your peace that will sustain them through this crisis and all that life may bring until we are reunited with you in your kingdom to come. In the name of the carpenter’s son whose work was to give himself up so that we may give ourselves to you and to one another, Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

Jesus, Bruce has been praying for Your help ever since he knew he was losing his job. His probems are real and actual as he must support his family, pay the bills and the mortgage, and as the months pass his situation is becoming more serious…like so many others… but for each, as for Bruce, it is intensely personal.

Jesus have mercy on Bruce and his family
and on all in his situation.

You have remained in my prayers and thoughts…

In my prayers Bruce…

Hail Mary, full of Grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven Hallowed be Thy Name Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Continued prayers Bruce…

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal have Mercy on Bruce so that he might get a job and return to praying. :byzsoc:

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.