prayers please!

Please pray for my husband. I just found out that we are pregnant with #5. This is the fifth in eight years. My husband wants to get a vasectomy. And there’s nothing I can say to stop him.

Actually from what i understand most doctors will not perform a vasectomy without the consent of the wife. I’ve heard that from people who have gone thru it.

Congratulations on #5… i hope everything works out for you and your family… i do want to thank you for your sacrifice and contribution to the Body of Christ…

Your husband will recover from the shell-shock shortly… phew, say that 5 times real fast… :smiley:

just think, only 7 more to go… Gods Speed :thumbsup:

http://www.spinnershomepage.co.uk/pictures/cheaper%20by%20the%20dozen.jpg

hey, it’s either laugh or cry :cool:

[quote=Lorik]Please pray for my husband. I just found out that we are pregnant with #5. This is the fifth in eight years. My husband wants to get a vasectomy. And there’s nothing I can say to stop him.
[/quote]

Congratulations Friend! What a blessing.

Hubby is most likely worried about $$$$$$. Try NFP.

[quote=rayne89]Actually from what i understand most doctors will not perform a vasectomy without the consent of the wife. I’ve heard that from people who have gone thru it.
[/quote]

Very wrong. MOST doctor’s do not need or ask the permission of another person to perform a vasectomy. If a few choose not to do it without the wife’s consent, that is their choice of how they practice. Bottom line is that if one says no, the next one will say yes.

[quote=Lorik]Please pray for my husband. I just found out that we are pregnant with #5. This is the fifth in eight years. My husband wants to get a vasectomy. And there’s nothing I can say to stop him.
[/quote]

Share this experience with him. I had a vasectomy. I have had physical pain down there on a daily basis ever since. I have not had a day that I have not regretted it. The doctor tells me the pain is due to scar tissue and is quite common. Most men are just to macho to talk about it. The pain isn’t really bad, but can be worse on some days than others. The problem is that even mild pain can get to you after several days. And mine will be with me for the rest of my life.

Instead of getting a vasectomy, you two should listen to some tapes by Christopher West and also read up on NFP.

God Bless…

One of my best friends is paying college tuition for his beautiful “proof” that vasectomies CAN grow back - and you find out when the blessing is on the way!

P.S.—I have two cousins that have had a V only to regret it–for they cannot now have children with their current wife–not in their plans how it worked out of course but, nonetheless–a reality.

Hubby will do what he’s gotta do–all this talk from us on the forums or in your life won’t help if he’s got his mind made up. He needs to see the truth of the situation friend. It’s not a good option!!!

I hope you can help him see it!!

Praying that your husband may realize the joy of children!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.