Prayers, please?

Hi everyone. This is my first time asking for prayers here, I’d just like to ask that you please pray for me as at the moment I’m undergoing spiritual attacks (doubts, temptations of all kinds e.t.c. and other things it would take too long to explain) almost constantly at the moment, even in my dreams and when I’m half asleep.

Its really starting to grind me down, so I would really appreciate any prayers and I’d be more than happy to pray for anyone who posts here in return! Thanks.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Ben, you are in my prayer!

Thanks very much for posting, it means a lot to me. :slight_smile:

The devil attacks us hardest when we are getting closer to God. I will pray for you.

Jesus please help Ben to overcome his doubts and difficulties. Help him to find wholeness of heart, mind, and body in loving You and in being kind to others, and in the Sacraments.
Thank You, Jesus.

St Michael please be mindful of Ben

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

God grant you grace to bless Him and rejoice in His love and goodness, and to give Him thanks whatever the circumstances.

benM - - i’m so sorry beyond words that you’re going through so much at the moment. i have been enduring similar experiences over the past year, especially recently, but tonight i found my hope, faith and trust in God restored, and i am so grateful beyond words to Him and to this community for that. this is such an incredible place to find support, hope and encouragement, and i hope and pray that it will help you as it has helped me. please know that i will definitely keep you in my constant thoughts and deepest prayers, beginning with this one - -

Heavenly Father,
i lift up BenM to You now, Lord, asking that You would bless him, strengthen him against Satan and pour out Your Love upon him to encourage and comfort him through this difficult time. i pray, Lord, that he would find his strength and hope completely and forever in You alone – i pray that You would help him to find hope through the darkness he is experiencing, hope in You alone, and that You would strengthen him to overcome the lies, doubts and temptations of the devil. i pray, Lord, that You would rebuke the devil so that he lets BenM grow and mature in peace and hope and encouragement without being plagued by lies and doubts and temptations. i pray that You would strengthen BenM to completely overcome his doubts, and trust and hope in You once more in a faith stronger than ever before. i pray that You would strengthen BenM to completely overcome all temptations, to resist them completely and to grow and learn from them, growing in grace and in strength. i pray that You would protect BenM as he sleeps and dreams, that You would send Your angels to watch over him and fight the devil away from his dreams. i pray that You would lead and guide BenM closer to You, to know You more and love You even more each day, and that he would grow in his spiritual life each moment, each day, through Your incredible mercy, grace and Love. help BenM to stay strong, Lord – be his Strength and his Hope, and never let him lose faith. encourage him, comfort him, strengthen him. i pray all this, Lord, thanking You from the bottom of my heart for all the ways You have protected me from the devil as well, and strengthened me when i called out to You, and also have protected all other believers. Blessed Mother, angels and saints, i ask for your intercession as well, as i pray this completely and forever in Jesus’ mighty Name – Amen.

here is a psalm as well, BenM, that i hope and pray will help and encourage you to stay strong and remember the hope You have completely and forever in God alone:

[Psalm 91: Security Under God’s Protection]
*You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in Whom I trust.”
For He will rescue you from the snare of the fowler,
from the destroying pestilence.
With His pinions He will cover you,
and under His wings you shall take refuge;
His faithfulness is a buckler and a shield.
You shall not fear the terror of the night
nor the arrow that flies by day;
Not the pestilence that roams in darkness
nor the devastating plague at noon.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right side,
near you it shall not come.
Rather with your eyes shall you behold
and see the requittal of the wicked,
Because you have made the Lord for your refuge;
you have made the Most High your stronghold.
No evil shall befall you,
nor shall affliction come near your tent,
For to His angels He has given command about you,
that they guard you in all your ways.
Upon their hands they shall bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the asp and the viper;
you shall trample down the lion and the dragon.

Because he clings to Me, I will deliver him;
I will set him on high because he acknowledges My Name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in distress;
I will deliver him and glorify him;
with length of days I will gratify him
and will show him My salvation.*

i would suggest praying this psalm every night before you fall asleep, to protect yourself against the dreams, and every morning when you wake up, to protect yourself against that day’s temptations and attacks. i have fought many of my own intense spiritual battles, and i know how draining, discouraging and incredibly painful they can be – but please stay strong, please take care of yourself and please don’t lose faith. i hope and pray that this psalm will help you, and that i have helped you in at least some small way. please update us and let us know how you’re doing, okay? God bless you.

love,
in the peace and love of Christ,
alison xx

I will keep you in my prayers!

You are in my prayers - but take heart my brother. The fact that you are here asking for prayers from your breathern is evidence that you’re inner strength and of God working in your life. He is with you always.

Father, strengthen our brother Ben, your child and our friend. Ben:

Focus on 2 Samuel 22:2-3

"The Lord is my Rock, My Fortress, and my Savior: My God is my Rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation and my stronghold, my high tower, my saviour. . . "

Blessings,

Brian

Thank you all so much for your prayers! Just being able to ask you all for help and you showing such kindness helps already. I’ll be keeping you all in mind in todays Mass. :slight_smile: I’ll also keep in mind Psalm 91, Alison; thanks for reminding me of it (I admit, I forgot about it. :o)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Praying!

Amen…May the Lord be Praised!!!

Know that you are not the only person struggling with temptation, your in a big pool of people, and Just ask God for strength for he loves you more than you could ever imagin.

I pray to Christ that he give you strength, that he allow you to overcome your temptation, and that you be renwed in his word.

All this I ask and pray to our holy mother

Hail MAry full of Grace the lord is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death amen.

Thanks everyone! I’m sure things will improve in no time, now. :smiley:

That’s right, when our faith is getting stronger that is when the devil will strike. Tell him to get behind you and lean on God. He will see you through this!

I’m so glad to tell you that you and I are on the same path. The other prayer warriors said exactly every thing that will be your guide thru this. The warrior that said the devil attacks harder when we are closer to GOD was right on the money. We need to pray for each other. I’ll pray for you and You pray for us. There is healing in doing just that. May GOD watch over you and give you the healing grace to come out shining.

Hey Ben, I found you on CAF (it’s Jenn, here :D). I’ll pray for you, for sure. I thought I’d repeat what everyone else has been saying though: if you’re being attacked, it’s because you’re so close to God that Satan can’t stand it.

Hope you’re doing well! Merry Christmas!

Hi Jenn! Nice to see you on here (thought I recognised that username when I saw it.:p). Thanks for the prayers, I’ll be praying for you as well. Merry Christmas!

baby74cuda and happymommy, I’ll be praying for you also. :slight_smile:

I just want to thank you all again for your prayers; things are still difficult but I’m experiencing a real breakthrough at the moment which I’m positive wouldn’t have happened without your prayers. Thank you all so much!

Praying for you with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Jeremiah 29:11,13 ©
I know the plans I have in mind for you – it is the Lord who speaks – plans for peace, not disaster, reserving a future full of hope for you. When you seek me you shall find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Noon reading (Sext) Jeremiah 30:18 ©
The Lord says this: Now I will restore the tents of Jacob, and take pity on his dwellings.

Afternoon reading (None) Baruch 3:5-6 ©
Do not call to mind the misdeeds of our ancestors, but remember instead your power and your name, for you are indeed the Lord our God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.