prayers, please

On Sunday, Sept. 21, a local satanic sect apparently will be allowed to conduct a public act of blasphemy in the form of a so-called black mass at the Civic Center in Oklahoma City. In spite of an overwhelming outcry of alarm from around the world, our city leaders will allow this outrage to take place in a publicly supported facility. They will not accede to the reasonable requests of local citizens to stop this outright mockery of the Catholic Mass nor the reasonable concerns of so many that this satanic ritual invokes powers of evil and invites them into our community.

Even though our city leaders apparently do not take this threat seriously, I do. As a Catholic priest and bishop I have witnessed in my ministry the battle between forces of good and evil in both ordinary and extraordinary ways. It is not merely a struggle rooted in human weakness and ignorance, though these are certainly the source of much suffering and mayhem in our lives and in our world. Demonic activity and the chaotic forces of evil are very real…

The full message of Archbishop Coakley can be read HERE

Please pray this act of blasphemy may be canceled as was a similar one scheduled in Boston, not long ago. Nothing is impossible with God. Please pray also for the conversion of those who organized this satanic ritual.

Mother of Mercy, intercede for us.
St. Joseph Guardian of the Church, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, spread the effect of grace of thy Flame of Love over all humanity, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’ve prayed, and I’m praying. I read Archbishop Coakley’s letter, and he says not to go into the civic center; it would be dangerous to do so.

However, they will be having Adoration, and a mass in the church of St. Francis in OKC, in order to do reparation and pray for the conversion of those who are having the black mass. We need to pray for our enemies, he says, because Jesus told us to. Bless them and lead them away from the devil–and home to God!

[INDENT]I pity Mr. Daniels if he doesn’t repent from his life of sin. Not only is he a Satanist determined to mock the mass, he’s also a registered sex offender. You can find him on a government database. I’m deliberately eliminating the link.

Last year’s event (an exorcism) had zero attendance. That’s right. Zero. patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2014/07/annual-black-mass-at-oklahoma-city-civic-center-last-year-had-zero-attendance/

This man is in serious trouble – and he’ll do far more trouble to his soul than he’ll do to Oklahoma City’s robust Catholic community. Still, as the bishop noted, he is dangerous and he should be avoided.

This deluded man is dumping damnation on his soul by the gallon.

And so for him, I pray:

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen. 

[/INDENT]

Continuing to pray about this terrible event.

That is horrible news, that this mockery can be carried out with public permission is just unbelievable. I think this is the fruit of relativism at its best.

God Bless

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You!

Amen.

Dear wildthing (proud mother of 4 with 1 on the way), pollylodges, MS_Surveyor, leviman, jtodisco, njlisa, Weejee, and the phoenix and to all others who prayed without replying,

Thanks to ALL for your prayers --please let us continue, by God’s Grace to overcome evil with good.

Praying hard.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Christ is Risen, and the evil ones are cast down!
Jesus, King of All Nations, subjecting under Your feet forever the powers of hell, May we serve You. Amen. Alleluia.

Dear Googler, Fiona Margaret, and 244 Rocket,

Thanks so much for your prayers. See new coverage of yesterdays’ events HERE and also HERE

The Lord permitted the black mass but only 40 to 50 attended, while hundreds were in opposition to it! Praise God there is still enough good to overcome evil in this country!

Please let us continue to pray for those who believe the lies of satan and who say as he did, “I will not serve” the True God, Word made Flesh for us, Jesus Christ. Let us continue to pray for the strengthening of faith, hope and above all charity in our Church in America and all over the world.

Thanks to all who prayed, and will continue to pray for God’s Honor and Glory. May the Heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament be praised adored and loved with grateful affection at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time.
May each of us be a living tabernacle, as Mary was on this earth.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Come Holy Spirit!

Peace

Tulsa Catholics pray in response to Oklahoma City Satanic black mass
Wonderful article about the Holy Family congregation that circled the block united with and shining the Light of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

I watched a couple youtube videos about the event. One showed some vehement bashing of Catholics from Protestants.
Another was a news report with an interview of a young lady whose voice changed at point where she spoke about the Eucharist. Strange…Probably a hoax.
I also read somewhere these satanists got there consecrated host mailed to them from some unholy priest.

How in the world can these satanists live with their hopeless and despicable conceit and profane lack of reverence to our Creator?

Thanks for your prayer, hazcompat.

The Holy Spirit is the Sanctifier sent to the Church, as Jesus promised. Each of us needs to cooperate with the graces He gives. May the Mercy of God in Jesus flow in and though us by the power of the Holy Spirit to all those to whom we are sent.

Dear Googler,

Thanks for your reply. The satanists are just that: followers of satan, and thus believers in the lies he tells them. They are willing to do as satan does: lie, hate and seek to destroy the good.

However, as Jesus did on the Cross, so we must pray for our enemies and do good to overcome evil. Jesus shed His Blood, emptied Himself on the Cross, for love of us sinners. Mary stood at the foot of the Cross, giving herself with her Son, by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are called to participate more and more fully in the perfection of Charity. Jesus shows us how, when He tells John and all of us: “Behold your Mother”.

Mary is the Mother and Model for all of us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.