Prayers request for my priest

I just joined this group today. My first question is about a prayer request I made to my priest. I am 68 years old and just became a confirmed Catholic a few years ago. There is still so much I don’t know. Anyway, I had gone to doctor and had CT scan. A spot was found on my lung and I now will be going tomorrow for a PET scan. I sent my Priest an email and ask him to pray for me. I am very worried about this. It has been 2 weeks ago that I ask him to pray for me. He has not responded to me in any way—by email, telphone, or in person. I have seen him at Mass 3 times since I made this request and he hasn’t even said “Hello” to me, let alone acknowledge my prayer requests. I was a Baptist before I became a Catholic. Am I not suppose to ask the Priest to pray for me? I want someone to please tell me if I did wrong or what I was suppose to do. I am very hurt and upset about this.

I am praying for you Mary Holly.

Please keep comming back to CAF. Ask for prayers, let us help you carry this burnden.
Yes, we asks our Priests to pray for us. It is unfortunate that he has not greeted you as it is a comfort to be acknowledged, especially in this time of trial.

May God bring you people who will assist you in this, the strenght to see this through and the healing that you need.

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy,
Lord have mercy.

I will say my Rosary for you tonight Mary Holly. If you get EWTN I will be saying it then With Mother Angelica and the Sisters at 9:30 PM EST. If your priest is like ours he has a heart as big as ever, but he forgets a lot of things. God Bless and welcome to the Church.

*Lord Jesus, you came into the world
to heal our infirmities
and to endure our sufferings.
You went about healing all
and bringing comfort
to those in pain and need.
We come before you now
in this time of illness
asking that you may be the source
of our strength in body,
courage in spirit
and patience in pain.
May we join ourselves more closely
to you on the cross
and in your suffering
that through them
we may draw our patience and hope.
Assist us and restore us to health
so that united more closely
to your family, the Church,
we may give praise and honor to your name.

Amen.

Dear Mary Holly,
It is best to speak to him personally not send an email or other second-hand way.
Priests can be very reluctant to respond to the written word as in some cases it has pitfalls. I suspect that they may in general be advised not to.
He may not have a brilliant memory for names or for putting names to faces.
You are feeling very vulnerable and upset, so this is worrying you deeply, and your priest wouldn’t be happy for that.
Please, the next time you see him at Mass, wait to tell him personally of your health problem and of your anxiety and ask his prayers face to face.

And here you are! Because of the misreading of the actual situation, you have us to pray for you.

May God comfort and support you!
Warm regards,
Trishie

I agree. It is best to talk in person. We have a wonderful priest, but I know he can’t pin names to faces for much of the parish. If you have 1000+ or 2000+ or more families how could he remember all those names and faces.

My wife and I just put our children to bed and you were included in our family prayers. God bless!

-joe

Hi Mary Holly, I will be keeping you in my prayers.

I agree with the others it is always best to speak to a priest in person when you need
prayers. Whenever I needed prayers from my parish priests I have always gone to them
in person and they have always responded well to me.

I hope and pray all goes well with your tests…

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with Thee Blessed art Thou among women and Blessed
is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.:gopray2:

Hi Mary,

The priest is a human being who is in charge of a whole flock of people. In my community, I have been told that there are at least 3000 registered members and some 10,000 Catholics who are not. We have had some priests who said that they pray for the needs of our entire parish and offer up masses for our community. While I hope that your priest has prayed for your individual needs. It’s not a requirement that he acknowledges that he prayed for you. He may not know who you are. It’s best to speak with him personally, if you have a request and hopefully you have a kind priest who is willing to pray for you. Don’t forget that we have a whole community of Saints in heaven, in the Church and on these forums who are more than willing to pray for you at any moment.

I am praying for you …

My prayers promised for you Mary Holly.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

Praying for you, Mary Holly.

:blessyou:

I appreciate your response very much.

Praying hard for you Mary Holly.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.