Prayers requested for marriage in trouble

A relative’s husband (they have several kids) recently told her he was moving out into an apartment he’d gotten, and then moved out even though she begged him not to. He’d apparently been preparing to do this for some time. He seemed very determined to do this and then did it. The kids have taken it hard.

He still calls her but doesn’t want to move back in and voices a lot of blame against her, lots of recrimination, complaining, etc. She’s not sure what her status with the Church is (the Catechism says divorce and separation are sins but doesn’t elaborate and the moved-out hubby is telling her she’s in a state of sin too because of his moving out - ridiculous but he’s messing with her mind while she’s in shock over this).

Any good references or sources of wisdom for her and her extended family out there? She’s not perfect but works very hard to be supportive of him and their kids and would like to save the marriage too if possible. Thanks for your prayers.

i will pray. divorce does not make you a sinner provided it was not followed by attempted remarriage. Bullys tend to throw the blame on to someone else then in their eyes they are not to blame by going on what i read he has instigated this and is trying to bully his wife. she can’t stop him from leaving. he has decided to do it. She can pray for him and their marriage. and that he will return in a reconciliatory way. Let her talk with her confessor about the circumstances and if there is anything she needs to do to amend let her do it but she should not say its all my fault my husband said so. and then her heart can be at peace knowing she has a clear consceince She can’t attempt remarriage and if he does he is an adulterer. PRAY PRAY PRAY and make sacrifices

[quote=wanderer]A relative’s husband (they have several kids) recently told her he was moving out into an apartment he’d gotten, and then moved out even though she begged him not to. He’d apparently been preparing to do this for some time. He seemed very determined to do this and then did it. The kids have taken it hard.

He still calls her but doesn’t want to move back in and voices a lot of blame against her, lots of recrimination, complaining, etc. She’s not sure what her status with the Church is (the Catechism says divorce and separation are sins but doesn’t elaborate and the moved-out hubby is telling her she’s in a state of sin too because of his moving out - ridiculous but he’s messing with her mind while she’s in shock over this).

Any good references or sources of wisdom for her and her extended family out there? She’s not perfect but works very hard to be supportive of him and their kids and would like to save the marriage too if possible. Thanks for your prayers.
[/quote]

Your situation sounds just like my brother-in-law (he openly talks about this part of his life - so I am not talking out of school). He moved out and left his wife and 3 kids. Satan had a good grip on him. He would go around to their friend and try to make them take sides against her by bashing her. All the while, his wife stood strong and did not say anything aginst him. She joined the Couples for Christ - Handmaids of the Lord (HOLD). There she found a support group of spiritually strong women who prayed with her. She asked the entire CFC community to pray for their family (the only information relased). 1.4 million CFC members started to pray for them. About a year later, she convinced him to look at the CFC. Eventually, he joined the CFC community and is not one of the strongest leaders in TX.

My story is not as drastic but simular. In both cases the Lord used the CFC to save our marriages.

If you would be intersted in learning more, please let me know.

Good site with help from a woman who has been through this, she sends daily emails.
rejoiceministries.org
I will keep them in my prayers.

Joan

Praying!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

[INDENT]
**Good Saint Dymphna, great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick, in my present need. That M can stay in her home. Saint Dymphna, martyr of purity, patroness of those who suffer with nervous and mental afflictions, beloved child of Jesus and Mary, pray to Them for me and obtain my request.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Saint Dymphna, Virgin and Martyr, pray for us. Amen.

:highprayer:**[/INDENT]

Prayer said.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.