Prayers that husband won't pursue legal separation

My husband of over 41 years of marriage is alcoholic and living with another woman. He is just now after several years (with terrible suffering on my part) pursuing a legal separation. If I agree that would give him grounds for divorce. He is being influenced by the other person who seems to act for Satan. She also drinks. I am just sick over this - am trying to avoid what may be someone trying to serve a summons to me. What a horrible feeling!! I’ve prayed so hard, but believe strongly in my marriage vows and can even love my husband through the grace of God. I am not up to this - my ability to pray is getting weak. Need your prayers! God bless all those in similar circumstances. Christ hates divorce!

Jesus, while You have no love for divorce, You have no love for the cruel and unloving behaviour of some spouses who mock the Sacrament by their lack of love and union.

Husbands, love your wives and treat them with gentleness.” [Colossians 3:19] “Give way **to one another **in obedience to Christ. Wives should regard their husband as they do the Lord…Husbands should love their wives just as Christ loved the Church…each one of you must love his wife as he loves himself; and let every wife respect her husband.” [Ephesians 5:21, 25, 33]

That is what Jesus sees as the Sacrament of marriage.

Jesus please bring marriage to reflect the Christian mutual love and respect that You mean it to be.
Please comfort, advise, and strengthen Romick in her beseiged life and give her the peace and joy that You desire for her.

Please bless and convert the hearts of the troubled couple

:gopray2:

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your strength and peace in this trial.***
May God’s will be done and may you be given the grace to embrace it and heal.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying For You.
Grandma Glor

Praying very hard for your happiness and peace of mind!

prayers promised

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

God please do not let man attempt to separate what You have joined. Hear the petitions of Romick regarding her marriage. May all involved recognize Your providence now and forever. Comfort the suffering. Mary, pray with us. :signofcross:

Prayers for your marriage. My heart breaks when this of this nature happen to married couples.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Saint Rita pray for her…

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

praying for you…

My prayers are there for you and for your husband so that he might see the errors in his ways!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Romick, you remain in my prayers. I pray that issues have become clearer and that you are receiving the support you need to get through this difficult situation.
Take care of yourself, Trishie

May God lead you on the right path.

God bless you.

I will be praying for you…you are not alone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.