Prayers to break this vicious cycle

Hello,
I need prayers to break my snooping habits and start trusting people. This vicious cycle has caused great distress in my marriage to the point where it may not be salvageable. Any advice sent privately would also be welcomed.

God bless,
C5180

Jesus, we ask You to go through all those times and situations in this person’s life to face and deal with all causes of this lack of trust, as often and as deeply required.

We also ask you to help this person to have a better insight of self as loved child of God, worthy of the love and fidelity of others.

We ask for healing and wisdom for both husband and wife.

Thank You, Jesus

One of the “silver bullets” for breaking a cycle is Eucharistic Adoration. Find a nearby church by a zip code search at www.masstimes.org.

Go once per week for one hour. This is your “holy hour.” Start there and see where the Holy Spirit leads you. If you need to make the time go by faster, do a rosary silently.

This really works. I have seen it break cycles of impurity.

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, purify this person’s heart. Give him the spirit of trust so he may be truly free to love as you love and as Christ loves.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the our of our death. Amen

First, recognize the reasons for your distrust and then seek appropriate professional help. Spiritual growth requires fervent prayer, which is most powerful in combating obstacles in deepening our relationship with the Lord. That said, the most powerful prayer is the holy sacrifice of the mass. Receive communion as often as you can as long as you are not in mortal sin, that is, if now you feel guilt about the snooping confess it and strive to not do it again.

St. Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness
and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do Thou O prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God
Cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
Who prowl about the world
Seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Praying for you to break this habit …

I’m so sorry to hear about that. St. Monica, please intercede and save this marriage! Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.