Prayers to end abortion

I wanted to post some prayers for babies who could be aborted and I came across these websites and prayers:

**Prayer to End Abortion

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.

I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.

I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.

I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen!**

priestsforlife.org/prayers/praytoendabortion.htm

priestsforlife.org/index.aspx

**PRAYER TO STOP ABORTION

Father in Heaven, we thank You for the gift of life. Grant that all mothers who give birth will welcome their babies with love, but if the mothers feel they are unable to raise their babies, grant that they may be compassionate toward the life You have given and not destroy it before birth. To those children who have been wantonly deprived of earthly life grant whatever happiness to which they are entitled. And to the mothers who have denied them life in this world grant Your merciful grace of repentance and reconciliation with Our Savior, so that they may obtain eternal life. Grant also the grace of conversion to those who perform abortions and anyone associated with abortion.

Mary, Mother of God, intercede for us. Holy Innocents, pray for us. Amen.**

catholic-forum.com/saints/pray0342.htm

PLEASE PRAY.

Thank you :gopray:

Thank you so much for posting these prayers. Abortion is a horror that today´s secular world just doesn´t grasp. We must fight for the right to life from the womb to the tomb.

God bless :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting this. When I think of the millions of children who have been aborted and my struggle with infertility for the past 8 years, I am filled with sadness. :frowning:

Your welcome. Abortion is a horror. These poor little innocent babies are defenceless and they need us to fight for them with prayers. I love your last sentence; it just sums it all up,

Your welcome. I know how you feel, I’ve been married for 17 years and have no babies either. My having no babies is the will of God; aborting babies is NOT the will of God. Here is a prayer I posted for unborn babies to be baptised through the Divine Mercy

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=666179.

I may or may not have babies in this life, but I’ll have them in the next, please God. :slight_smile:

thesiegeofjericho.com/abortion-prayers/

Thank you

I hate this as much as any of you all, but lets be honest, prayer has been going on since abortion was legalized, as of yet, nothing though?

Maybe this is something God expects a little more from us to deal with, like past wars, obviously prayer was not enough to stop or end many of them, if prayer was indeed that powerful and useful, why would there even need to be a just war doctrine in the first place?

I do not buy into the whole ‘in Gods time’ theory either, God knows fully well what our version of time is here on earth, as he also recognizes we have no idea how his version works.

Praying. :signofcross:

Thank you for the posting.

God bless. :slight_smile:

I believe God does answer prayers to stop abortion.

Consider a pregnant woman who is convinced to go down that route, but then has a change of heart. Either our Lord touches her heart in such a way that she realises the great gift of life she is partaking in and decides to keep the child OR
Someone in her family, the child’s father is one example, is able to show her the sanctity of life in her womb OR
This same woman, who could be fearful of having to raise a child (maybe she is young or maybe she has no family support or maybe there are some financial troubles etc) has her fears and worries abated. It could be that God blessed her and gave her such support and assistance because of the prayers offered by someone unknown to her from the other side of the world.

Other examples are some doctors or nurses who perform abortions are converted resulting in some more babies lives being saved, and it was only due to our prayer that God intervened. Or consider the fact that whilst there are many ‘pro-choice’ politicians who progress their own agenda, in countries where there is lots of prayer against abortion … there are also more politicians standing up and defending the unborn.

None of this eliminates the tragedy of abortion altogether BUT God does hear and answer our prayers by preventing some abortions. This actual number, known to God alone, could well be high.

I believe He needs us to pray more and more. Each prayer is heard and answered, even if we never hear about the results. I also believe that Mary, the Mother of our Lord and our Mother too, is the most powerful intercessor before God to obtain many miracles for this cause.

Maybe someone has a story they would like to share, of praying for a certain person that was going down this route… but prayed for them and saw that their mind or heart or attitude had changed?

Amen to all the wonderful prayers here asking that abortion killings will be
ended!!!

May all have mercy on the unborn so that God will have mercy on us adults.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.