Prayers to Heaven

Must you Vocally say prayers to Saints and Mary, or can they read our minds and hearts? I thought only God could do that.

Thanks!

Bump for answer. :cool:

[quote=Laud_God]Must you Vocally say prayers to Saints and Mary, or can they read our minds and hearts? I thought only God could do that.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hello Laud…

I personally only use my mental prayers to G-d…never have I said the rosary in my head, because while you say the rosary you reflect in your head the life of Christ. The rosary is all about Jesus.

[quote=Laud_God]Must you Vocally say prayers to Saints and Mary, or can they read our minds and hearts? I thought only God could do that.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Objectively, only God has the power, within himself, to read our minds and, thus, hear our mental prayer.

Now, if we grant (as the Church has always taught) that God is pleased when we ask our elder brothers and sisters in the Faith who are in heaven to intercede for us, then it follows that he would *make provision * for that to be so. So, the ability of the saints to hear our prayers does not come from the saints themselves, but would be a special grace provided by God for the benefit of those of us having recourse to their prayers.

[quote=Fidelis]Objectively, only God has the power, within himself, to read our minds and, thus, hear our mental prayer.

Now, if we grant (as the Church has always taught) that God is pleased when we ask our elder brothers and sisters in the Faith who are in heaven to intercede for us, then it follows that he would *make provision * for that to be so. So, the ability of the saints to hear our prayers does not come from the saints themselves, but would be a special grace provided by God for the benefit of those of us having recourse to their prayers.
[/quote]

Very interesting… Thanks!
:slight_smile:

I think that they can hear our prayers to them even if they’re not audible. But they only hear what we wish them to hear. Our private thoughts are our own (and God’s). At least, that’s what I’ve heard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.