Prayers to help me serve God better

I need prayers to help me serve God better & respect his will…I have a lot of faults, & they make my life much less enjoyable than if I just abandoned myself to God & trusted him completely…it is so annoying; I won’t even go into it because it’s too confusing & there’s too many. So anyway, please pray for my…I think you could say, spiritual enlightenment. Thanks.

You have lots of faults and you want to serve God better. You and me both!

I couldn’t help thinking of this prayer I wrote one time that I felt overwhelmed by my innumerable faults

Curtains of imperfection

Our God, it seems that all within me is a maze of curtains against the pure light of Your love. Those curtains, drawn aside, reveal drapes of faults in the dimness. These drapes too, when parted, allow illumination of other veils that were obscured in the darkness…

And thus again, until wisps of curtained uncharity and unbelief are glimpsed everywhere within, only brushed aside temporarily in moments of grace to allow Your light to penetrate the deepest recesses of my being.

I discover that nowhere in my life is uncurtained to the light of Your pure love and truth. Even where I hope to find goodness is found veils of subtle sinfulness.

Finally, rejecting the despair of Judas I turn to You with repentant Peter, in sadness mingled with trust. I know that You will bless my continuing struggle and prayer in the white fire of divine love that blazes sin to nothing.

I ask pardon of You whom I do not yet love, and forgiveness of anyone I love poorly. Merciful Lord please give recompense to others and Yourself for my sins and faults, and grant all that Your perfect love can give.

I think maybe the best we can do is to keep trying the best we can manage, hoping in God’s mercy!

I will keep you in my prayers

In failure

**Jesus, I put my trust in the apparent failure of the Cross, for You are condemned to a criminal’s execution and it seems that Your mission has failed, You who alone could redeem humanity.

Who can accept that it is God-incarnate whose sweat and blood drips into the dust, from Your drained, dishonoured body! Yet Your human cry of abandonment by the Father is belied by the triumph of love and faith in Your final confident submission. You die, but You have not betrayed the Father’s trust.

Jesus, to my sadness, I fail in many ways and sin against others by my failures. Have I betrayed Your will or mistaken Your purpose? Will You restore me to grace now, Jesus? To do what? Will You show me? Will You fuse together the broken pieces—of my life, of my service—to make a new and better creation? Am I to step around the fragments and to pass another way?

I ask to walk with certainty along the path of holiness that You choose uniquely for me. If not, then please allow me the certainty of buoyant faith. I ask courage to continue through the enveloping fog, trusting each small moment to the illumination of faith and grace.

Jesus out of my failure and sorrow please bring healing and goodness luminescent as priceless pearls grown around grains of suffering, for Your glory, and for others’ remedy and blessing.**

“If you feel too lazy to pick up a bit of thread, and yet do so for love of Jesus, you acquire more merit than for a much nobler action done in a moment of fervour. Instead of grieving, be glad that, by allowing you to feel your own weakness, our Lord is furnishing you with an opportunity of saving a greater number of souls.” (Saint Therese of Lisieux)

Having seen your other post I realise how much you need our love and prayer. Be sure that you will be in our hearts and prayers.

You have taken the first steps to reclaiming the joy and peace of faith and devotion to our Lord. God bless you for that.
I ask Jesus to flood you with His merciful love to heal you and to fill you with new life in Him.

Welcome amongst us

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Saint Lucy, Virgin, Martyr
She was martyred in Syracuse, probably during the persecution of Diocletian (which started in 303). Devotion to her spread rapidly across practically the whole Church and her name is included in the Roman Canon of the Mass. See the article in Wikipedia.

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Isaiah 4:2 ©
That day, the branch of the Lord shall be beauty and glory, and the fruit of the earth shall be the pride and adornment of Israel’s survivors.

Noon reading (Sext) Isaiah 4:3 ©
Those who are left of Zion and remain of Jerusalem shall be called holy and those left in Jerusalem, noted down for survival.

Afternoon reading (None) Isaiah 61:11 ©
As the earth makes fresh things grow, as a garden makes seeds spring up, so will the Lord make both integrity and praise spring up in the sight of the nations.

St. Lucy, pray for us.

:gopray:

I’m in the same boat you’re in! Let’s pray for each other!:stuck_out_tongue:

Keeping you in my prayers also then.

Dear Lord

Please fill your child with your love. Please let 5Years Later know that you are a God of mercy who longs to unite us with yourself, despite our shortcomings and faults. Bless your child and fill your child with great faith in you, unwavering hope in your mercy and will and true love. Bless your child in the efforts to follow you and to serve you. Grant encouragement and your peace.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I deal with the same problem. May God ultimately deliver us.

~~ God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.