Prayers to help with addiction?

I need help on finding some prayers…
are there any that deal with addictions or anything like that?

I’m sure someone can help you with specific prayers, but may I recommend that anyone battling with addiction may consider asking the Irish St Matthew Talbot to pray for them? His addiction was alcohol. He was addicted for many years, but with determination and God’s grace he overcome his addiction and lived the rest of his life well.

St Mathew Talbot please intercede for our brothers and sisters who have addictions, that like you they overcome them completely.

I’ll keep your intentions in my prayers.
God bless you, Trishie

† JMJTJ †

*Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Here are some links:

2heartsnetwork.org/addiction.htm

personal-recovery-tools.com/the-serenity-prayer.html

franciscanrosary.com/ADDICTIONBEADS.html
(you do not need the beads)

***God bless you † ***

da_nolo,
Here’s a prayer for addiction:

Lord, Jesus, You said “I have come to set the captives free.” Free me, Lord, from my addictions so that I will be free from cares and worries that stifle joy, free from sins which cling to me and to which I cling, free from compulsive behavior that prevents me from being what You, Lord, have planned for me. Bring me, loving Savior, to the experience of abundant life which You promised.
Amen.

I’ll pray for your intentions, too.

Will pray for you to my Friend…

asking st. Jude to pray has helped my friend stay clean.

Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of his enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors you, and I invoke you as the special advocate of those who are in trouble and almost without hope. Help me to realize that through our faith we triumph over lifes difficulties by the power of Jesus who gave his life for us. Come to my assistance that I may receive the consolation and succor of heaven in all my needs, trials, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever.

Trishie is right about Venerable Matt Talbot. Here is a prayer for his intercession and Canonisation:

Lord, in your servant, Matt Talbot you have given us a wonderful example of triumph over addiction, of devotion to duty, and of lifelong reverence of the Holy Sacrament. May his life of prayer and penance give us courage to take up our crosses and follow in the footsteps of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Father, if it be your will that your beloved servant should be glorified by your Church, make known by your heavenly favours the power he enjoys in your sight. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

Should you obtain a favour through the intercession of Matt please write to The Vice-Postulator for his cause, Fr. John Flaherty Adm.,St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, 83 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Or e-mail us at info@matt-talbot.com

matt-talbot.com/prayer.htm

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

God of mercy, we bless You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to N., Your servant, bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold himlher in Your love and restore himlher to the freedom of God’s children. Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

circleofprayer.com/matt-talbot.html

PRAYER FOR
FREEDOM FROM ADDICTION

Lord Jesus,You said,
"I have come to set the captives free."
We are captive and need Your healing touch.
Free us, Lord, from our addictions,
so that we will be:
…free from the cares and worries that stifle our happiness;
…free from sins that cling to us, and to which we cling;
…free from all compulsive behavior
that prevents us from becoming what You, Lord,
have planned for us.
Bring us, loving Savior,
to the experience of abundantlife
which You promised.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english3/p02467.htm

thank you all for your concern, your prayers, and replies towards my post. it has sharpened my focus, weakened my body, and yet strengthen my mind and spirit.

God Bless.

Praying for you, da_nalo.

Prayer To Know God’s Will**God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Author of glory, grant me spiritual wisdom and revelation. Enlighten the eyes of my mind with a deep knowledge of your and your holy will. May I understand of what nature is the hope to which you call me, what is the wealth of splendor of your inheritance among the Saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of your power toward me. Praying for you!! Keep up your courage!!

Praying very hard for you!

Prayers promised

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.