Prayers to help with lust

Lately, I have been giving in to the temptation. Started out with just a one time peak at inappropriate internet material and then came the self gratification. I really need help with this and have let it go for the past 2 weeks.

It’s like how I was with drugs. I keep thinking “just one more time”. I am going to Confession this Thursday but need all the prayers to help me till then and the days following.

Thank you in advance and thanks for letting me get that off of my chest. I feel a bit better just getting it out in the light.

God Bless, T :signofcross:

You have my prayers.

I understand fully.

Do not forget the prayer to St. Michael.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, o prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits prowling the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

You are in my prayer:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

and also these:

Prayer for Chastity by St. Thomas Aquinas

Dearest Jesus! I know well that every perfect gift,
and above all others that of chastity, depends upon the most
powerful assistance of Your providence, and that without You
a creature can do nothing. Therefore, I pray that You defend, with Your grace, the gift of chastity and purity in my soul as well as in my body.
And if I have ever received through my senses any impression
that could stain my chastity and purity, I ask You, who are the Supreme Lord of all my powers, to take it from me, so that I may with a clean heart advance in Your love and service, offering myself chaste all the days of my life on the most pure altar of Your divinity. Amen.

The last two prayers from:
saint-mike.org/spcdc/swprayers/default.asp

Prayer To Control Thoughts

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints and Angels of Heaven, and powerful in the holy authority of His Name, I reject this thought and feeling of [list for describe thought/feeling] which is contrary to God’s will. I choose only thoughts in harmony with the Holy Spirit, and I cover my thought life with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Rebuking Particular Spirits

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints and Angels of Heaven, and powerful in the holy authority of His name, I ask of the heavenly Father to rebuke this spirit of [list the attribute of the spirit such as fear, lust, depression, etc] and to command it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to depart from me, now, quietly, without harm to anyone.

I bring the power and the protection of the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ over my life. Satan has no part with me as I am sealed with the saving blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father, forgive me for not being all I should be in Your eyes. Let the cleansing, healing waters of my baptism wash over this me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Lord Jesus Christ, fill me with Your [list the opposite attribute of the offending spirit; if fear, then list peace, if lust, the list purity, if depression, then list joy, etc] to replace the [list again the attribute of the spirit such as fear, lust, depression, etc] .

Lord Jesus, bring to bear my guardian angel, and all the angels of heaven, against the forces of evil that seek to cause trouble for me.

Saint Michael, be my protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and our Mother, pray for me that I may not fall into the devil’s temptations.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for setting me free. I praise You, I bless You, I worship You. Thank You for the wisdom and light of the Holy Spirit.

Thank You for enabling me to be aggressive against the works of the enemy. Thank You for Your hope, that takes away discouragement; thank You for ongoing victory. “…in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37). Amen.

I have and still battle this problem. But through the grace of God, I’m strengthened against it. I will pray to Saint Joseph for you, who was the model of purity and strength. I also found Confession to be a grace against this temtation. May Our Lord cover you with his healing presence.
God Bless!

Steve M

I have the problem also, but much less by Confession and the Eucharist, watching EWTN. Saying a prayer for someone in need helps. Joining the Legion of Mary helps, as Parish organizations, Mass. Praying for you. Vivat Jesus. :signofcross: :gopray2: Tony

Holy Spirit please grant strength and focus in Your love and goodness.

praying

Our Father,
Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.

Glory be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Spirit:
As it was in the beginning,
Is now,
And ever shall be,
World without end.

Amen

:amen::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.