Prayers to Our Lady of Lebanon for the Lebanese

APPEAL FOR DIALOGUE AND RECONCILIATION IN LEBANON

VATICAN CITY, 17 FEB 2008 (VIS) - After praying the Angelus at midday today with thousands of faithful gathered in St. Peter’s Square, the Pope made an appeal for dialogue and reconciliation in Lebanon.

“I am following the persistent manifestations of tension in Lebanon with concern”, he said. "For almost three months the country has been unable to elect a head of State. Efforts to resolve the crisis and the support offered by many important figures of the international community, though they have not yet achieved a result, confirm the intention to find a president for all the Lebanese, and thus to lay the foundations for overcoming the current divisions.

"Unfortunately, there is also no shortage of causes for concern,  especially because of the unusual verbal violence, and of people who place their  trust in the force of arms and the physical elimination of their  adversaries.

“Together with the Maronite patriarch and all Lebanese bishops, I ask you to join my prayer to Our Lady of Lebanon that she may encourage the citizens of that dear nation, and in particular the politicians, to work tenaciously for reconciliation, for a truly sincere dialogue, for peaceful coexistence and for the good of a homeland profoundly felt as being shared”.
ANG/APPEAL LEBANON/… VIS 080218 (220)

Praying for Lebanon, for peace and understanding among people within and without.

We fly to your patronage, begging for your blessing and beseeching your intercession to your Divine Son for all Church and government authorities in Lebanon. For a president, and for all that are in high station: that the Lebanese may lead a quiet and a peaceable life in all piety and chastity. May the righteous flourish, growing like the cedars in Lebanon. May the people dwell without fear.

Beneath your compassion, we take refuge, O Theotokos: do not despise our petitions in time of trouble: but rescue us from dangers, only pure and blessed one. Amen.

http://maronitesvictoria.org/our_lady.jpg

I looked for a traditional prayer to Our Lady of Lebanon and could not find one. Is there one?

www.marcharbel.com
home page
Every time I go to this site it is bigger and improved. They now have a mass from June not sure if this year but I think.
You can listen while on the CAF, I am now.
I think it is in Arabic. or Hebrew

I pray for peace and for the catholics that are trying to survive at the monastery.
What a nice idea to have a prayer to Our Lady for Lebanon.
I pray that they are united and God’s protection for their worship and prayers.
No I don’t speak the language, but their mass is chanted nicely.

Praying for Lebanon. I spent three of the best years of my life in Beirut and it breaks my heart to see what has become of her.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.