Prayers when you get angry

Hey y’all. Something happened any I am beyond angry to the point of shaking. Usually, my mayday prayers work, but not so much at the moment. I was thinking of praying the rosary, but unsure if it’s fitting. What are some prayers you use when you get angry?

1 Like

Lord Jesus, there is anger in my heart and I cannot root it out.
I know that I should calm down and offer the hurt and disappointment to You
but my emotion is running away with me.
Help me to overcome this weakness and give me peace of heart as well as mind.
Let me learn from this experience and grow into a better human being. Amen.

2 Likes

Just ask for the Grace to overcome what is bothering you and to give you peace.

"Lord, make me a calm and gentle person. "

Advice given to me by a priest and found that praying it sincerely whenever I got angry , was heard and answered. Bit by bit. Don’t pray it often now - Thanks be to God!

1 Like

Lord,
Bless them and keep them .
Make Your face shine upon them.
Be gracious to them.
Look upon them with Your kindness.
And give them peace.
Amen.

(repeat until your blood pressure goes down :slightly_smiling_face::heart:)

4 Likes

Jesus Prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner

ZP

1 Like

Great recommendations. After reading some of the posts on this forum I need prayers for anger.

1 Like
  If at first you hear my voice, harden not your heart

Be careful when you say the Lord’s prayer. We tell God to forgive us in exactly the same way we forgive others.

I think this is the best advice, Graham Kendrick made a hymn from these words; the link is below.

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone!

Knowing exactly half the picture, I must ask that you make certain that your anger is over somthing that you should be angry about. We have this horrible human tendency to be more upset about something than those who are directly affected by it.

Anger is intended to oppose evil. If you are not opposing evil, then anger can be a form of wrath which is… not good at all. So first examine the cause of your anger - the trigger - and deal with that.

As for today, the Serenity Prayer may very well help you.

40%20AM

1 Like

Jackson Kiddard quotes
“Anything that annoys you is for teaching you patience.
Anyone who abandons you is for
teaching you how to stand up
on your own two feet.
Anything that angers you is for teaching you forgiveness and compassion.
Anything that has power over you is for teaching you how to take your power back.
Anything you hate is for
teaching you unconditional love.
Anything you fear is for
teaching you courage to
overcome your fear.
Anything you can’t control is for teaching you how to let go and trust in God

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.