Praying a rosary for James WHite

The purpose of this thread is not to bash James WHite, far from it. I have the most charitable intentions in my heart. Recently, Dr. White posted a article about one of the threads on this forum. Here is a link to the site.
aomin.org/index.php?itemid=494

I finally came to the conclusion that the best response is not to call into his radio show as he suggest but instead to ask all the Catholics on this web site to say a rosary for his and his family’s conversion to Catholisim. Perhaps we could even pick a date that we would all commit ourself to saying the rosary for his conversion.

What do you all think? If God could convert Saul then surely Dr WHite will be no problem.

I agree.

I will pray for him and his family.

I will too. I pray the rosary daily at 3:00 with EWTN radio:blessyou:

Great idea! Right now I am on my way to Eucharistic Holy Hour. I’ll say the Rosary right there before Jesus.

[quote=deb1]I finally came to the conclusion that the best response is not to call into his radio show as he suggest but instead to ask all the Catholics on this web site to say a rosary for his and his family’s conversion to Catholisim…
[/quote]

As one of those specifically called out on his blog, I am still undecided as to whether or not to “poke the rabid dog with a stick” on his radio show. I’m afraid that I may not be able to stay humble, and would end up joining JW in the sins of haughty beligerance and intellectual snobbery - I don’t know that I’m willing to offend God for anyone, even JW . Either way, I will pray for him as well. I applaud your intentions and respect your decision.

May God bless you richly,
RyanL

I pray a rosary daily, but I would love to do one with you all! Should we set a time particularly for this intention?

Count me in! :slight_smile:

As another pointed out by Mr White, I too will offer up prayers for him.

He does work pretty hard promoting his beliefs and his conviction is commendable.

May God bless him and open his heart to Christ’s Church.

Scylla

[quote=deb1]The purpose of this thread is not to bash James WHite, far from it. I have the most charitable intentions in my heart. Recently, Dr. White posted a article about one of the threads on this forum. Here is a link to the site.
aomin.org/index.php?itemid=494

I finally came to the conclusion that the best response is not to call into his radio show as he suggest but instead to ask all the Catholics on this web site to say a rosary for his and his family’s conversion to Catholisim. Perhaps we could even pick a date that we would all commit ourself to saying the rosary for his conversion.

What do you all think? If God could convert Saul then surely Dr WHite will be no problem.
[/quote]

What a wonderful idea! What date should we pick - and should we use the Luminous Mysteries?

I always pray the Rosary for the Conversion of sinners but I will specifically mention Mr. White for his intentions.

I’ve never understood those who castigate a religion but I do feel they are very misinformed and in desperate need of prayer. I hope the Holy Spirit works on his heart and heals his soul to be more pleasing in the eyes of God.

God Bless Pope Benedict XVI!

I am so happy that the idea has been met with so much charity. I was afraid that people would think that I had gone off my rocker. :smiley: I was thinking that because our schedules are probably all chaotic that setting a specific time might be hard. A date might be nice though, that way we could all have a day set apart just to pray for James White.

I saw White’s blog and how he responded to me. If I understood him correctly, he was saying that my conversion story was a typical “shallow” one. Funny, I didn’t even TELL my conversion story. I simply said it wasn’t “emotional” but “SERIOUS.” I thought he would understand that but he apparently didn’t. White, if your lurking, why did you say that about me? My conversion story was actualy very, very serious since it involved perhaps the most important decison of my life regarding my wife (fiance at the time) and any future children.

Anyways I’ll pray for you.

J.W.B.,
I can relate. Not only have I been the subject of several of Dr. White’s blog entries, I was also mentioned several times on his show (Dividing Line) tonight. I wrote him during the show from his website, but he was apparently too busy checking this forum and the envoy forum to check his own traffic. No matter, really; my response was fairly short (being limited to 2000 characters by his site’s constraints), and perhaps he’ll post it on his blog at some point in the future. In any case, he appears to have taken great offense to my likening him to a “rabid dog”. Please allow me to formally withdraw the offensive comment, and openly admit that I have sinned, through my own fault, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and what I have failed to do. I should have expounded and stated more clearly that I believe he appears, from my experience, to be a fervent believer in his theology, tends to dominate conversations, and seems to have a hard spot for Catholics. The letters of his to Catholic apologists which I have read have done little to present the man he wants me to think he is. Let it be known, however, that I am willing to give any man a fair shake. If he would prove me wrong, I am open to seeing him as he would have it. I hope and pray that Dr. White is actually a humble, kind, and devoted servant of his fellow man and of God.

Please say a short prayer for me, that I may remain open to the true character of every man. May Dr. White be filled with the Holy Spirit, and be led to the fullness of truth.

RyanL

I visited the link the OP provided and it is my opinion that this guy thrives on the responses he gets in defense of the Catholic faith. Oh, sure, he doesn’t listen and he twists them to his own liking, but my gut feeling says “just ignore him”. Just a little kid on the playground - if you quit responding (which is what he wants) he’ll find himself all alone.

But before you do, I think you shoud contact him once more and tell his there is one MEGA rosary being said on his behalf!!! :smiley:

[quote=Little Mary]But before you do, I think you shoud contact him once more and tell his there is one MEGA rosary being said on his behalf!!! :smiley:
[/quote]

I listened to his show tonight - he’s well aware! He made a bit of a deal on his show about this thread. Perhaps it will draw new CA forum members! :wink:

God bless,
RyanL

This is a wonderful idea, I will be praying for his conversion too…:gopray2:

And I hope many others join in.:thumbsup:

God bless you all,
Catholic29

[quote=RyanL]I listened to his show tonight - he’s well aware! He made a bit of a deal on his show about this thread. Perhaps it will draw new CA forum members! :wink:

God bless,
RyanL
[/quote]

Where do you turn in to his show Ryan? And he has been talking about this actual thread or the other one?

[quote=J.W.B.]Where do you turn in to his show Ryan? And he has been talking about this actual thread or the other one?
[/quote]

I listened to the live webcast from the aomin site. He read deb1’s initial post, scylla’s first, and my first posts on the air. He said on his site that he’ll be on the air sometime next week…no word yet when. Here’s the link to his webcast:
aomin.org/dividingline.html

God bless,
RyanL

What a great advertisement for CA forums! I’m in too. I try to pray the Rosary every evening with Mother Angelica at 9:30 on EWTN. I have several intentions that I have been praying for but I’m willing say my next one for James White. Does someone want to choose a date/time? That’s a great idea.

You would think the poor soul would have better things to do than respond to message board thread.

I certainly will include him in my rosary in the next few days.

Blessings

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.