Praying and actual grace

i have read some things on CA about praying when you’re in mortal sin. I am still confused… I understand that you should pray for forgiveness and true repentance and plan to go to confession. But can you or can’t you pray for others to receive actual grace and repentance also? If you give alms do you and the recipient receive actual grace?

You are gettin’ it right now. Described in
John 6:44: No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day.

Luke 5:32: I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.

Acts 16:14: One of them, a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth, from the city of Thyatira, a worshiper of God, listened, and the Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what Paul was saying.
Council of Orange, canon 9 is:Concerning the assistance of God: It is a divine gift when we both think aright and restrain our steps from falsity and injustice; for as often as we do good, God works in us and with us, in order that we may act.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.