Praying for all those who are worried about keeping their jobs

What volatile times we’re in, no? :frowning: My husband told me that Disney laid off quite a few people in his department yesterday, and the odd thing, my husband was hired on after those people. But, he still has his job, and he said that they have been happy with his performance…but, still. I also see people losing jobs where I am, not at a rapid rate…and my performance has been historically good, but selling is tougher now in this climate.

Please, let’s join together, and pray for those who have lost their jobs, and also for those who have jobs, and are a bit concerned with losing them. Father, help us to not be afraid, help us to lean on You, and know that You will always provide. Help us not to fear loss. Help us not to fear the unknown, but wake up every day, thanking You for another opportunity to serve You. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

Thanks, everyone. Hope you prayed this with me.

Certainly!
Most people I know are either afraid of losing their job or already lost it…or if they are in sales, no one seems to be able to buy…

I agree, the solution is Prayer!

***The
Anima
Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ’s side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen***

Praying for you and your intentions.

Father, help us to not be afraid, help us to lean on You, and know that You will always provide. Help us not to fear loss. Help us not to fear the unknown, but wake up every day, thanking You for another opportunity to serve You. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

Praying

(great prayer, putting our trust in God is the key now and always)

Praying my heart out for them. This is a very scary time for many people. May God help them!

Thanks for the prayers everyone…prayer is powerful…let’s keep at it!

I will offer daily prayers for this intention. Lord, help the economy. Help people find work and not lose their jobs. Let all people depend on your Providence like they have never before and let them place all their heart and trust in your Son. Provide for them in ways that will sustain them during this difficult time. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

***That’s a lovely prayer, ready. :o ***

I just found out two days ago that the part of the USPS I work at will be closing down next May. Please include me in your prayers as I discern God’s will in these hard times.

I’m so sorry to hear of this–the somewhat bright spot of it, is at least you have some advance warning, even though it still isn’t news anyone wants to hear! :frowning: We have had firings, not really layoffs, per se…I mean, yes, some layoffs, but I think it tougher economic times, companies are cutting the people who weren’t performing all along, that were sort of falling under the radar. I’m trying to just do what I always have, and stay focused on Christ! But, I admit, there are days, when I look ‘at the waves all around me’ instead of keeping my eye fixated on Jesus. Just stay focused on Christ, listen to Him intently, and He will point you in the very best direction for your life. God bless, and I’ll be praying for you.***

Lord we pray for these Your sons and daughters in Christ, that they are given the ability to retain work and prosper in our society that they may gain not only for themselves the life sustaining resources [food, money, shelter, transportation] to go about their daily lives serving not only themselves Lord, but You also in caring for one another, Amen

Mary1173:)

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thank you, whatevergirl!:slight_smile:

I will keep you in my daily prayers, Snerticus.

****Father, help us to not be afraid, help us to lean on You, and know that You will always provide. Help us not to fear loss. Help us not to fear the unknown, but wake up every day, thanking You for another opportunity to serve You. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

Praying also for you Snerticus.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Heavenly Father we ask You to protect the employment of those whose jobs and family or personal welfare is endangered by the loss of their jobs. Please help the recession to end quickly so that livelihoods can remain safe.

Thy Kingdom come.

Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

*****[FONT=“Verdana”]*****Lord, watch over all families who have lost, or are in danger of losing their jobs. Encourage them. Give them hope. Keep their families together. Protect these families from violence.

In the Name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.[/FONT]

***The
Anima
Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ’s side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen ***

Heavenly Father we ask You to protect the employment of those whose jobs and family or personal welfare is endangered by the loss of their jobs. Please help the recession to end quickly so that livelihoods can remain safe.Those who triggered this depression through their greed, it’s like they started a war with innumerable innocent victims. Our God please give those who have great wealth to make to difference in the economy the compassion and generosity to genuinely and sacrificially labour to do so, in order that individuals and families are guaranteed their jobs and secure futures.

Thy Kingdom come.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.