Praying for daily prayer time

This past few days, I have been busy with my work as an intern currently on rotation at the surgery department. After a 36 hour duty (every 3 days) leaves me dead beat tired and I can only lie down and sleep all the way when I get home. However, I regret that I dont have the strength to even say just a short prayer at the end of the day.before i doze off. And I fear that the prayer time that I have established just before the year ended might be gone again.
Help me to pray, not just for but for all of us that God may sustain our prayer time every day no matter how busy and tired we are. That He finds us when in our daily life, we just could not find Him anymore. That He stirs our heart with the longing of just coming before Him to pray and to open our hearts before Him. That we find ourselves faithful just as He is faithful.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Our Loving God and Our Loving Father, we pray that you plant the seed of desire within our hearts to seek you daily in prayer, and provide us with the strength in our times of weakness to come to you in prayer. And in those times when we just cannot find the strength, keep our eyes open, or miss an opportunity, please keep the desire of our heart always to return to you as soon as possible and meet with you again in prayer, knowing you are always there and that the Holy Spirit is always praying for us. Help us to be mindful that prayer may take many forms, and help us to maintain an attitude of prayer at all times. Thank you! In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

God bless all!!

I could not put it in any better way than Patrick has. Praying along with Patrick. Amen.

excellent!

Praying very hard for your intention!

Thankyou Claire, for being an interin. You have the ability to help many people who are ill. What a gift!

When I read your post, the first thing I thought of was the passage in scripture where Jesus was at the well and it say’s He was tired from his journey (John 4:5). Can you believe it, Our Lord was tired! No doubt, he was curing people on the way and that must of also taken a lot out of him. Ah, the life of a doctor.

You are doing a great service and remind me of Him. I’m going to pray that He gives you strength to say at least a short prayer everyday until your schedule is more relaxed. Perhaps you can just say, “Jesus, Mary, Joseph, save souls. Amen” during a short break or in between patients.

Claire,
Each day as you get up, offer all your prayers, works, sufferings joys and trials to God. This way you can make your entire day a living prayer. Always remember that we are not to offer anything up as prayer that we would not give to God. This also helps us on how we spend our day.
You will be in my prayers
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B

God Bless you…

Amen to all these wonderful prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

claire, you are truly doing the work of the Great Physician, which I am sure He appreciates

Don’t feel bad if you’re want to pray but are too tired (even St Therese of Lisieux used to fall asleep during prayers), just feel bad for those who can but won’t.

thank you everyone!
i am overwhelmed with your prayers and responses.
i just got off from another 36 hour duty and i am tired as usual. i found out this year that the library is my new sanctuary. when after every morning’s endorsement, i stay in the library for some time to check my mails and have a quiet time for studying. but not only that, i also bring my bible diary with my for my daily morning which is such a treat for me now whenever i get off from work.
thank you for all your encouragements
i will be keep on keeping on…
amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.