Praying for faith, hope, and charity

I’ve listened to Father Corapi, and he once told a story about how he prayed for a woman’s request that she have stronger faith. So trials came upon her. So I was thinking…

Prayer for stronger faith often brings us trials in which we can exercise it…
Prayer for stringer charity often brings us people who are tougher to show love to…

What would praying for greater hope bring?

situations where it’s difficult to trust God? :smiley:

hehe… well I think there’s a lesson to be learned in all this…that we only learn how to love when it’s difficult… and only learn to believe when it’s difficult. When it’s easy, anyone can do that. :wink:

God bless!

Funny, I never thought about praying for more hope, just not losing hope.

To lose Hope is to despair-
so …
I suppose that praying for more Hope might cause you to be challenged to put your faith in action - to put feet to your own prayers - to act as though you really believe God will come through for you (like the man who came to the prayer meeting for rain, dressed in a yellow slicker and boots).

Good question!

What will praying for hope bring us? That’s a good ?. First of all, what is hope? Optimism, hopefulness, ambition, aim, goal, objective, purpose, aspiration, dream. ( I got those from the franklin spelling ace.) Pick one word from the above list. Let’s say your attitude is clear from everyday problems. You select the right time and place to pray. Let’s say your problem is a lack of hope. You have to pray that God will bring the belief of hope to you. You may be down in the valley of life down, but God doesn’t want you to say there. There may be hills along the way, but never give up praying for hope.
As a kid one would say (for example), I hope I receive a high score on a test, but you don’t. Do you give up? No, you study even harder for the next one. The reason why you study harder is because of the HOPE of a higher score.
I hope and pray this helps you.
May God Bless You
newbear

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace Of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that denying ungodliness, and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the Blessed HOPE and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
(from the Billy Graham Training Center Bible, Page1139)

Mothers of adult children often pray for hope. After 15 years of daily prayers for their children to do God’s will and not seeing any results…the next step is to pray for hope. St Monica is a good example of “hope”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.