Praying for multiple people

Everyone that knows me, also know that I pray alot. I get a lot of request from people for prayer for them or someone they know. I have trouble now fitting all the prayer request in.
My question is this: May I group multiple people into a single prayer and feel confident that God knows all the people I want to include in my prayer?

That’s a better alternative than praying for less people. :wink:

I always add “and for all those I’ve promised to pray for” and the end of my intentions. That way, if my memory fails me (which is inevitable), I know I’m still living up to the promises I make.

Of course, it still is nice to pray for people and intentions individually, but it’s not as though you can never group people together (“for my family” instead of “for mom, dad, bro, sis, wife, kid #1, kid # 2, aunt this, uncle that, etc.”). God is generous. He’s not looking for ways to shortchange us in grace. :slight_smile:

<<May I group multiple people into a single prayer and feel confident that God knows all the people I want to include in my prayer?>>

You didn’t think anybody was a stranger to Him, did you?

I pray for people by name but also add “all those souls who need God’s love and mercy”.

Come to think of it, the Church is an expert at grouping people into prayer requests. Every Mass, we pray the General Intercessions. As the name implies, they are general and apply to very large groups of people. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.