Praying for the japanese

i just want to say that i am shocked by what happened in japan…and i want to say that i think we should pray for the survivors…but also for the dead…i will certainly be praying for the dead…may god bless them all and take them to the safety of heaven whee they will be eternally safe and happy and will never fear or suffer no more…

do eastern catholics pray for the dead?..if not then thats ok…i respect your beliefs and ways:)

any roman catholics who want to do this just go to this link

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

and pray and offer the prayers for the holy souls especially those who died in the japan eathquake and tsunami…

may god bless each and everyone of you on caf…and keep you all safe and well,

The troparion of my Patron saint is a good one for the Japanese. :slight_smile:

O holy saint Nicholas
The enlightener of Japan,
You share a dignity and the throne of the Apostles;
You are a wise and faithful servant of Christ,
A temple chosen by the Divine Spirit,
A vessel overflowing with the love of Christ.
O hierarch equal to the Apostles,
Pray to the Life-Creating Trinity
For all your flock and for the whole world.

Eastern Catholics pray for the dead as well as do the Orthodox. I pray for the departed daily and have included the souls of the Japanese earthquake victims in my prayers since the tragedies occurred.
Nice prayer Nine-Two, thanks.

Grant rest, O Lord, to the souls of thy departed servants in Japan. Forgive and have mercy on them for whatever sins they hath humanly committed, as thou art a God who lovest mankind. And deliver them from eternal torment. Make them a sharers of the Kingdom of heaven. And do whatever is profitable for our souls.

really? wow thats fantastic :extrahappy:

i didnt know for sure whether eastern catholics did pray for the dead or not…:highprayer:

i think thats really great:hug3:

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory,especially those who died in the japanese earthquake and tsunami, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

At St. Nick, Rev. Fr. James has had petitions for both the living victims and for the dead victims of the quake and tsumami.

thats brilliant…both need prayers, and every prayer helps:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.