Praying for those suffering from Depression

A commom thread in this prayer intentions forum is those who are suffering from depression. With financial difficulties, holidays and the winter season this is a very hard time for those who suffer from depression. Please keep them in your prayers.
Lord help us to be more sensitive to those who are carrying this cross.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amoungst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God; pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

For those suffering from depression and anxiety…

**Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!

That where there is hatred, I may bring love.

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.

That where there is error, I may bring truth.

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.

That where there is despair, I may bring hope.

That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.

To understand, than to be understood.

To love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.

It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

—Saint Francis of Assisi—**

Amen.

I pray to St. Dymphna almost daily for all who have mental problems.

I have been suffering from depression for over 30 years. I constantly asked our good Lord to heal me. In 2006, I hit bottom and was hospitalized many times. I remained depressed but continued to pray. The next thing I did was to call a previous psychiatrist and asked his help. He put me on a psychotropic medication cocktail and although I was afraid to take all these meds, I continued to pray. God told me to do what the doctor saId. I have been well for 2 years now and have a part time job working with others who are mentally ill. I know what it is like to be in the “pit” as I call it. Pray, pray, pray… God will help you just maybe not the exact way you ask for it.
TRUST HIM!!! I may not be healed, but I now have the opportunity to work with others who suffer from such devastating disease.
DON’T think about tomorrow… DON’T worry… Remember, Christ can not get into our hearts and souls if we worry.
AND PROTECT US FROM ALL ANXIETY. Amen

Pray also to St. Dymphna the Patron Saint of those who suffer from mental and nervous conditions

:crossrc:

Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for them daily!

:gopray: Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Thank you for this testimony and welcome to the forum, I also agree prayer is the most important part of staying rational, close to God.

Father, bless the poor in spirit, and grant them Your fruit of joy. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

I’m joining and I lift up in prayers cassie and her husband , Laraine ( most welcome to CAF ) , my friend Liselothe , her husband and every member CAF dealing with weariness and depression .

Almighty, ever-living God, You give strength to the weary , give new courage to those who have lost heart and depressed .
Hear the prayers of all who call on You in any trouble that they may have the joy of receiving Your help in their need.
Through Jesus Christ , our Lord and Saviour , and through intercession of blessed Saint Dymphna . Amen

Depression is depressing.

Lord, lift-up the depressed.

so Lord lift me up

Still praying…

Still praying very hard to St. Dymphna for all who suffer with mental problems!

Thank you AnneMary for including my husband and myself in your prayers for those suffering from depression. I have recently got on some medication so we will see if it helps. I know without prayer I and my husband would have been lost a long time ago. Sometimes prayer is the only thing that has gotten me through the day, I continue to rely on it. Praying for all who are also suffering from depression.

Father, you alone know the needs of each and every one of us.
We fail to thank you each and every day for the things you
provide. Help all those who are suffering from depression to see that you are with them. Show us how to help them overcome. Guide us so that we share your Love and Hope.
AMEN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.