Praying for unbaptized dead

Are Catholics permitted to pray for the unbaptized dead and the non-Catholic dead?

Catholics are able to pray for anyone in any condition.

Definitely, Yes.

I guess so, then. So, here’s one prayer to start us off…

:gopray:Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Definitely. They need prayers as much as anyone.

The Bible will give us a sure answer.
In I Thess:4:16: the Bible says “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first…”

Matt:25:31: When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall He sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matt:25:32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matt:25:33: And He shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matt:25:34: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The Bible forewarns of what will happen at the advent of Christ’s return. So, let everybody prepare, and we pray for the living when they still have a chance to repent and turn to God.
When they die, it will be too late for them, for “it is appointed for man to die once, then face judgement”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.